Waterway Primary

There's nothing quite like being able to discuss issues and network with other parents with children in the same school as yours. Individual Schools' Official Parent Support Groups are welcome to come in and help out the incoming groups of parents.
sweetz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Waterway Primary

Post by sweetz » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi parents,

please share review on Waterway primary school.
Thank you!

ginny23
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by ginny23 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi all! Any reviews on this school to share? TIA! :hugs: :hugs:

Tut Tut
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Tut Tut » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:36 am

Hi parents whose child(ren) is/are at waterway primary, care to share more about the school? Are you please with the school so far? I read through the posts and some mentionef about Chinese enrichment and toastmaster class, is it beneficial for the students so far? Does school start at 8am? Hope to gather more reviews about the school.

ginny23
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by ginny23 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:19 pm

Tut Tut wrote:Hi parents whose child(ren) is/are at waterway primary, care to share more about the school? Are you please with the school so far? I read through the posts and some mentionef about Chinese enrichment and toastmaster class, is it beneficial for the students so far? Does school start at 8am? Hope to gather more reviews about the school.

Hi Tut Tut! I'm gonna enrol my boy most prob in Waterway pri as it's next to my new place . I've been looking out for reviews on this school too but seems like this thread is not very active.

I have a friend whose girl is in this school n she says that her daughter really enjoys school n as parents , they are happy with the curriculum which they find beneficial to kids esp the Toastmasters prog.

I'm gonna meetup with the school counsellor with rgds to my boy's issue, Selective Mutism, and the counsellor seems very helpful(via email). Keeping fingers crossed!

Tut Tut
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Tut Tut » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:15 am

ginny23 wrote:
Tut Tut wrote:Hi parents whose child(ren) is/are at waterway primary, care to share more about the school? Are you please with the school so far? I read through the posts and some mentionef about Chinese enrichment and toastmaster class, is it beneficial for the students so far? Does school start at 8am? Hope to gather more reviews about the school.

Hi Tut Tut! I'm gonna enrol my boy most prob in Waterway pri as it's next to my new place . I've been looking out for reviews on this school too but seems like this thread is not very active.

I have a friend whose girl is in this school n she says that her daughter really enjoys school n as parents , they are happy with the curriculum which they find beneficial to kids esp the Toastmasters prog.

I'm gonna meetup with the school counsellor with rgds to my boy's issue, Selective Mutism, and the counsellor seems very helpful(via email). Keeping fingers crossed!
Hi Ginny23,
It's nice that they have a good school counsellor in school to help out with your boy. It's very important to gain the school support. I hope to hear some reviews from you should your boy gets enrolled in the school. My girl is actually only 4 years old this year. I want to find out more about the nearby schools so that I can also decide if I should try out Parent volunteering. :) They are having an open house tomorrow (8 July) I think, maybe you can drop by and take a look. :)

ginny23
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by ginny23 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:46 pm

Yea i'm dropping by tmr for the open house! Hope all will be good! Went to St hilda's pri for school visit but didn't have a good impression. :sweat:

Most impt thing is to have good teachers to support. *Praying hard*

Mahrukh Rakay Karim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Mahrukh Rakay Karim » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:50 pm

Hello all !

My name is Mrs Karim and my son goes to Waterway Primary School. I see all parents who are interested in this school are looking for some hands on info regarding the school.
I would like to inform you that the school is doing a splendid job with our children.. the programmes running in the school are great and the children are enjoying each one of them. I would suggest to go through their website, it is comprehensive and gives you in depth detail of the school. Dont forget to check out the "Parent say.." section to read feedback from the parents. The parent-teacher communication is on point, so you are well aware of your child's progress in class.
I highly recommend Waterway Primary School (y)
If you have any specific queries, you can ask me here..
I wish you all good luck !

thinking
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by thinking » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:53 pm

Dear Parents

A dedicated mother setting up a home based studentcare who goes the extra miles. Do pm me to discuss further.

mumnbaby
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by mumnbaby » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi Mrs Karim

is your son in student care? i understand that the pickup time is 6.30pm but what if parents might be late half an hour do you know what would the student care centre arrangement be? And what do they do in the student care does it include bathing and nap in school?

do the teachers give homework?

are the mid year test or exams easy or difficult?

do the teachers encourage and help weak or students who are slow in learning?

sorry for so many questions appreciate your time and happy to learn that your son is happy in Waterway.

thank you!

Miloqueen00
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Miloqueen00 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:04 pm

Hi mumnbaby,
Just saw your posting. I have a nephew there. As far as I know, parents can pick the pupils up from the student care latest at 7pm. I am not so sure about the arrangements in student care though as my nephew is not in it.

My sister is happy with the school programmes. Hope this helps!