Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
ehping
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by ehping » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:17 am

peasants wrote:All ur DDs plan on cca already?
My girl just entered MEP. As per music teacher, it is highly recommended to take music cca. But my girl want to take Track&Cross-country, as she is very good on running. Now headache.

peasants
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by peasants » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:23 am

ehping wrote:
My girl just entered MEP. As per music teacher, it is highly recommended to take music cca. But my girl want to take Track&Cross-country, as she is very good on running. Now headache.
That's so cool that ur dd is good at running. Let her go for trial first maybe? Heard we need to fill up choices, then log in portal for posting results. Again. DD wants NCC, i nearly fell off the chair.

xiaomimi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by xiaomimi » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:27 am

It's only highly recommended, not compulsory to take music cca. Thus your girl can join Track & Cross-country. There are many MEP students who joined non-music ccas too.

sob7
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by sob7 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:30 am

Most likely clubs, cuz the sport CCA that DD interested taken out or not available( Bowling and Golf no more, TKD not available)
No uniform grps or music for her.

mommyNg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:22

Post by mommyNg » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:05 pm

sob7 wrote:
Most likely clubs, cuz the sport CCA that DD interested taken out or not available( Bowling and Golf no more, TKD not available)
No uniform grps or music for her.
Just go for the trials as much as she can, including some sports that she think she might have some faint interest in? You never know, after the trial, she may have taken a new interest in it. Also, I think the school requires the girls to trial for at least one UG. I think there is a CCA Orientation for the Sec 1 next Monday, so your girls can explore all the various CCAs available. @peasants, NCC is a really good CCA if she is up to it!

peasants
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by peasants » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:48 pm

Wow, it's like a rock concert just now. The school clearly sees no class bandings. Explains a lot.

shuangbaoma
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by shuangbaoma » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Next two weeks, CCA selection, must include a unform group inside, one CCA will be issued.

peasants
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by peasants » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:56 am

Judo still have! But as external cca, so forget it.

mommyNg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:22

Post by mommyNg » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:24 pm

peasants wrote:Judo still have! But as external cca, so forget it.
Judo is an external CCA I think for at least 2 years already?

Anyway, at yesterday SPM, good to hear that the school really emphasises a culture of care and service learning; truly sisters in learning, sisters at heart :smile:

chatterbox321
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by chatterbox321 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi everyone! I was an ex-RGS girl (2012-2015), who graduated from RI in 2017. My subject combi in JC was BCME (all H2s), and H1 GP.

I have some A Level books to let go before I leave for university in Melbourne in Feb, and I hope there’ll be some takers! :)

Link to the catalogue of books is: https://tinyurl.com/kspchatterbox321

Do PM me if you are interested in any of the books (please give me the title/code number of the book) or have any enquiries at all. I am also really willing to take any questions regarding RGS, RI, JC in general, my subject combi, and applying to medical school.

Just quote your own price for any item you’d like. Meetups will be done at my convenience (Bartley MRT).

Thank you! :smile: