School Of The Arts, Singapore

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
khandelwalpooja
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: School Of The Arts, Singapore

Post by khandelwalpooja » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:42 pm

teachingmum wrote:Yes. Went for the interview and the results of the scholarship interview is already sent out.
Hi, can you please guide as to what questions are to be expected during scholarship interview.

tmn78
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by tmn78 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Anyone took part in the SOTA creative writing 2019?
Heard that results are out today.
Anyone received email?

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:9

Post by FantasyLandDreams » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:26 pm

tmn78 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:58 pm
Anyone took part in the SOTA creative writing 2019?
Heard that results are out today.
Anyone received email?
Yes our classmate received email on Tuesday.

jnemummy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jnemummy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:05 pm

Anyone able to share your DD/DS experience for SOTA Creative finalist workshop? Thanks.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:25

Post by jedamum » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:47 pm

jnemummy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:05 pm
Anyone able to share your DD/DS experience for SOTA Creative finalist workshop? Thanks.
Hi jnemummy,

Congratulations on being one of the 70+ of over 1500 entries!

In the workshop my kid attended, they were taught some techniques and also given some essays to read, discuss and tasks to complete. As these are likely graded, it is best to let the kids go without any fixed mindset of what to expect :wink: . Just remind them to have fun and exercise their creativity. My kid was awed and inspired by the creativity of some of the entries he got to (exchange to) read from the few kids he befriended during the workshop.
The school also briefly introduced to the kids their Literary Arts programme. So it is a good time to find out if you and your kid is keen in this school as it is 100% dsa.

All the best!

jnemummy
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jnemummy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:05 pm

:thankyou:
jedamum wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:47 pm
jnemummy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:05 pm
Hi jnemummy,

Congratulations on being one of the 70+ of over 1500 entries!

In the workshop my kid attended, they were taught some techniques and also given some essays to read, discuss and tasks to complete. As these are likely graded, it is best to let the kids go without any fixed mindset of what to expect :wink: . Just remind them to have fun and exercise their creativity. My kid was awed and inspired by the creativity of some of the entries he got to (exchange to) read from the few kids he befriended during the workshop.
The school also briefly introduced to the kids their Literary Arts programme. So it is a good time to find out if you and your kid is keen in this school as it is 100% dsa.

All the best!

katgoh11
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:1

Post by katgoh11 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi, may I know if Y1 to Y4 students are using air-conditioned classrooms or those are only for Y5 and Y6 students?

Reenie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Reenie » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:11 pm

hi all,

My P4 daughter is interested in getting into SOTA suddenly, she is keen in singing (voice) and just started her CCA this year with her primary school after her teacher recommendation. She missed the SYF this year. May i know what sort of portfolio she need to prepare to get into SOTA? I really appreciate any one that can share with me, esp for audition via Voice as i have not plan to do DSA before and i think its a bit late as compare to others whom may have realised the kids interest or talent. She has piano background and currently pursuing Grade 4. Thank you!!

hpsbpt
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by hpsbpt » Sat May 18, 2019 2:52 pm

Hi mom
From this year, SOTA is only taking a video /audio of the performance (depending on which stream) and not any other portfolio.
I recently submitted application for my dd for dance and all I had to submit was 1) P5 results, 2) her one minute dance video recording 3) her frontal and side photo.

Until last year SOTA did take in previous achievements/awards of the child. This year absolutely no such thing. So their selection to talent academy is based on the video/audio (and P5 results may be).

So if your dd wants try, I think always possible and no need to build a big portfolio.
Please go to sota website and look at the music section where they have clearly mentioned what that are looking at.
That said, I am seeing that they do keep changing the application format 😀so what we hv done this year may not be applicable for your dd after 2 years.
All the best !!

calvinchua
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by calvinchua » Sun May 19, 2019 3:46 pm

Friends,
My DS is in P5. He has completed ABRSM Grade 4 violin. I am planning to try out Talent academy next year (2020). Any recommended ways to prepare for audition? Any violin teachers who can help to train my DS?