NUS High School Of Mathematics And Science [*IP]

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
abhcbl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: NUS High School Of Mathematics And Science [*IP]

Post by abhcbl » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:47 pm

myrick88 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:54 am
How many students are there in one class?

30? And 6 classes in total?
6 classes ... 28-29 students a class. Last time used to be 7 classes, with around 25 students a class. What I heard is because as students are being accelerated, pull out and etc ... having 28-29 students per class is easier to manage the timetable arrangement.

abhcbl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by abhcbl » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:52 pm

s277400 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:50 am
I would like to ask about the supplementary intake in Nov. So the supplementary intake is more likely to be given to those from WL or to those who use PSLE mark? Maybe some experience mothers can help. Thanks
extracted from NUSH website:

The Supplementary Intake Exercise (SIE) is subject to vacancies available on the day of release of PSLE results. The application is open only to current P6 students who have taken the PSLE and who have not been admitted to a school through the DSA-Sec Exercise.

Applicants who are interested to apply to NUS High School via the SIE should also concurrently take part in the MOE Secondary one (S1) Posting Exercise for the posting of Secondary School and Third Language (if applicable). Successful SIE applicants who have accepted the NUS High School SIE’s offer will not be posted to another school under the S1 Posting Exercise. However, if the applicants have opted for Third Language in the S1 Posting Exercise, it will still be processed based on their Third Language choices.

Selection of applicants in the SIE will be based on the PSLE results and portfolio which includes primary school academic results. In addition, only selected candidates will be invited to attend a Selection Interview. Applicants with an aggregate score of 250 with A* in both Math and Science are encouraged to apply.

flagfly
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by flagfly » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:21 pm

hi, is there any nush student living in Punggol? How long to take from Punggol to the school in the morning by train? We got co this year, but concern about the distance to school. Not sure if the year1 student has enough energy on this long distance? if possible, can nush parent in Punggol pm me to share and discuss together? Thanks.

myrick88
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by myrick88 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:37 am

If you need to take bus from house to mrt, i guess it will definitely take one hr +? Coz need take bus change mrt change mrt change bus to school.

This got to depend if

1. It's your child dream and only school. There are no other alternative school he or she is interested in.
2. Your child is independent to change so many transport and wun be tired easily as this means 2hr to and fro on the road for 6 yrs. Or perhaps 5 yrs as one yr will be compulsory hostel stay. Also secondary school hours will end late. If add the travelling, your child might reach home 7+ pm on certain days. Need great resilence here i suppose.
3. Last option will be to shift house?
Last edited by myrick88 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:95

Post by zac's mum » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:43 am

flagfly wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:21 pm
hi, is there any nush student living in Punggol? How long to take from Punggol to the school in the morning by train? We got co this year, but concern about the distance to school. Not sure if the year1 student has enough energy on this long distance? if possible, can nush parent in Punggol pm me to share and discuss together? Thanks.
Hello, I checked the website gothere.sg for you. From Punggol MRT take purple line to Harborfront. Then take bus 963R for 3 stops to bus stop along AYE. From there can walk to NUS High.

Website estimates 76 min (today is weekend). Maybe weekday trains will be more frequent so faster.

Mummy AA
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Mummy AA » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:36 am

We are exploring travel options like grab school for morning and public transport for evenings...
Anyone staying near bartley area?

myrick88
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by myrick88 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:31 am

Wow 76 min. This is very long and i can imagine how tiring it will be after a long day. Grab or taxi will cost a big hole and definitely not a long term solution as there is still Erp

bluebellas
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by bluebellas » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:51 am

flagfly wrote:
My Son takes the school bus from punggol. But only one way.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:207

Post by phtthp » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:49 pm

bluebellas wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:51 am
flagfly wrote:
What time does NUS High school bus fetch your son in Punggol to NUSH ?
around 5.45 am ?

myrick88
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by myrick88 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:10 pm

bluebellas wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:51 am
flagfly wrote:
What is the school bus fee per month?

I am thinking how much it need to study at NUS High?

School fee is $320/mth (if no scholarship)?
Hostel/mth?
School bus/mth?

Normal IP school perhaps need $20/mth only? I start to sweat doing the calculations.
What if my child also need language tuition?

Really need to think hard after the PSLE.