St. Margaret's Secondary

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
Jann Phonics
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: St. Margaret's Secondary

Post by Jann Phonics » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:54 am

Jann Phonics wrote:Hi,
I hv SMSS new uniform (L), PE shirt (M), school hoodie jacket (S) and 6 exercise books to give away. PM me if u want to collect. It's a waste to discard them.
All taken :)

benbel0507
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by benbel0507 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:32 pm

Hi , My girl will be going to St Margarets Sec in yr 2020 , CO got through DSA . Can I get some insights on the school's academic environment and pls share your experience/ your girls experience with this school in past years

Jann Phonics
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Jann Phonics » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:36 am

Hi, St Margaret's academic environment is well paced. Throughout the 4 years, they were not given tons of homework and I don't remember my girl having to stay up late for homework except for examination period and occasionally project assignment. The school is neither slack nor pushy so the balance is good. Of course she also had her fair share of stress during exam period esp the first time she encountered 2 heavy weight subjects tested on the same day in Sec 3. But she learnt to manage it better in Sec 4. I don't understand why can't they schedule one subject per day in 'O' levels exam. Coping with 2 different subjects on the same day, plus the quantity and quality of work to study is very stressful for any student. The system has been such so what we can do as parents is to keep watch of our kids stress level and be there for them and give them moral support. I can't help her during those moments but I stayed up late with her when she struggled and gave her massage whenever she needed.

St Margaret's discipline is rather strict. The girls In my DD's class is generally well behaved. Now that she has graduated, she misses her sec school days very much.

All in all, it has been a good choice and my girl and her friends grew up to be young fine ladies. You can view my post on her graduation in my Facebook Jann Phonics.
All glory to God :)

benbel0507
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by benbel0507 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:13 pm

Thanks a lot Jann Phonics

Any idea whether they are doing class banding based on PSLE scores?

Jann Phonics
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Jann Phonics » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:38 am

I think they do. Majority of her Sec 1 classmates were from other schools with higher COP while the rest of the classes are those from the affiliated primary school.

Your girl will be in good care :)