National Junior College [*IP]

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
siuying
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: National Junior College [*IP]

Post by siuying » Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Hello everyone. My DS is going to NJC next year and he is looking forward to it. May I know as a parent, is the PAACT membership worthwhile to sign up?

Powerlady
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Powerlady » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:41 pm

Thank you.

[/quote]
cilipadi wrote:
Powerlady wrote:Hi. May I know a rough number of boys who got admitted to NJC this year? Why are there more girls than boys at NJC?
Which CCA are more suited for the boys?
Typically, girls do better in psle than boys..
cca.. there will be a cca cafe trial where the kids will try out some cca before confirming their cca.
some of the sports cca my boy mentioned that his boy classmates signed up for: basketball, canoe, shooting
for performing art: guitar

6 boys in a class of 28/29 for my 2005 boy.
8 boys in a class of 25 for my 2003 boy.

Good thing about less boys is that the boys are very bonded in the class as they are surrounded by girls. they became close friends very fast. =)

yamyam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by yamyam » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Hi all,

Yesterday at Orientation, we were told that the 2019 cohort is 196 student, 67 are boys which is supposed to be high as previous years was around 40plus. There will be 7 classes for Junior 1 students. Since 2012, there were less than 10 students who dropped out from the IP programme. Among those 10, some choose to do so because they wanted to do something else in the Polytechnic.

Cheers.

yamyam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by yamyam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:37 pm

Dear JH1 Parents,

For those who wants the child to stay with you during the JH1 Parents Seminar tomorrow. Maybe, you will need to pack yours and the child's dinner and eat together before the Seminar starts at 7pm and ends at 9pm.

ski
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by ski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:18 pm

I thought they announced that dinner will be provided for both parents and students?

Do we get to watch the grand finale presented by JH1 orientees? Some say yes some say no. What time does the grand finale start? Confusing.
yamyam wrote:Dear JH1 Parents,

For those who wants the child to stay with you during the JH1 Parents Seminar tomorrow. Maybe, you will need to pack yours and the child's dinner and eat together before the Seminar starts at 7pm and ends at 9pm.

yamyam
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by yamyam » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Just received update, there will be dinner at 815pm - 9pm for parents, (child - not sure). Finale is at 415pm so I don't think it is open for Parents?

ski
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by ski » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Thanks.
yamyam wrote:Just received update, there will be dinner at 815pm - 9pm for parents, (child - not sure). Finale is at 415pm so I don't think it is open for Parents?

ski
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by ski » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:39 pm

This evening's Parents' Seminar was well organised. Thanks to all the teachers and staff for the hard work and commitment. All the best to JH1 students for their studies and hope they enjoy their time learning and making friends.

ntnl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by ntnl » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:45 pm

Yes, I also feel that the teachers & staff are very hardworking - for one, they write so much of their own materials+lecture notes.

siuying
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by siuying » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:40 pm

I am so touched and comforted that yesterday Parents' Seminar was so well organised. Teachers are so hardworking and committed to work hand in hand with the children. Even more surprised that the Principal is so open to suggestion. Within less a day, show the Principal the Parents Gateway apps and immediately agreed to endorse using it. More importantly, the school prioritise student emotional well being and resilience before others.

This NJC Principal and Teacher and the school culture are totally different from my other twin's school.

I have a twins and both go to a different school. The other is a christian school.

So I can attest the DIFFERENCE.