Temasek Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Temasek Secondary School

Postby heutistmeintag » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:05 am

Any feedback pls?

heutistmeintag
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Vanilla Cake » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:10 am

Hi All,

Temasek Secondary School is holding open house 2008, today from 10 am to 2 pm

Pls refer to this link :-> http://www.temaseksec.moe.edu.sg/

Good luck & warmest regards on a rainy Saturday.
:D

Vanilla Cake
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Temasek Secondary School

Postby kiasi_student » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Hello everyone, I am a p6 student myself. Any feedbacks on this school? Thankyou, I need all of your feedbacks 8) xxx

kiasi_student
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Temasek Secondary School

Postby koguma » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:03 pm

My niece is in Sec 2 now, so far not much "negative" comments from her. One thing she likes abt the school is: students have much opportunities to show their leadership.

I recommended her to choose this school after her PSLE as I noticed that the school is flexible when come to choose Sec 3 subjects. Some schools in the East do not have such flexibility. Example: The school allow students to do Pure Sciences without A Maths. I know some schools will not allow students to do Pure Sciences if the students didn't do well in E Maths.

The schools take in scholars from China and Asian countries, hence I would consider the school is good. Otherwise MOE will not sent the scholars to the school.

Lastly, the school will have a new principal next year. Not sure how much changes he will introduce to the school. But for those who join the school next year, I think it is good as likely the same principal will stay with you throughout the 4/5 years of study.

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kiasi_student » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi, Thanks for the feedback(: Hmm... what do you think of Pasir Ris Secondary? And, your niece is in the Express or Normal A. Stream? Hmm... the Normal Acad, are the students able to study and concentrate in there? Thanks:D

kiasi_student
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby koguma » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:17 am

kiasi_student wrote:Hi, Thanks for the feedback(: Hmm... what do you think of Pasir Ris Secondary? And, your niece is in the Express or Normal A. Stream? Hmm... the Normal Acad, are the students able to study and concentrate in there? Thanks:D

Sorry for the late reply. My niece is in the Express stream. Temasek Sec will be having its open house on 20 Nov, 9am to 2pm. If you are free, you may want to drop by to check out the school.

Personally I feel that if someone wants to study, it doesn't matter where you put him/her, he/she will still study. In every school, there will be good students and mischievous students. Hence, I think is really up to you whether you want to study.

My nephew is in another school doing his N(A) this year. In his class, some of the students are good enough to skip N level exam and gets promoted directly from Sec 4 to Sec 5 (This is what the MOE call Thru-train). However there are also students who miss classes most of the time.

For Pasir Ris Sec, let me check out the school website before I give you my thoughts.

In the meantime, you may want to think through what you want from the Sec school.
a) Are you easily affected by others and cannot concentate in your studies if your classmates are too noisy?
b) Are you able to take stress, to be in a school where everyone is better than you?
c) Or you prefer to be in a school where your results are better than your classmates or in the same score range as your classmates?
d) Are you looking for a particular CCA? Let me know so that I can advise you on how to choose a school.

Cheers.

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby parent.parent » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:26 pm

Is there any Sec 1 parent out there, need your help to advise whether is this school good? shortlist in my list for 2012 Sec 1 for my son.

parent.parent
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby JieTing » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:50 pm

Hi parent.parent,

My son is in sec 1 this year.

He is quite happy with the school.

So far, I find the the teachers are responsible.

We will meet the form teacher twice after SA1 & SA2.

JieTing
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby JieTing » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:35 am

Hi, any sec1 parent here?

How do your kids find the exam so far? My son said OK bt I dnt really trust him because of lasy yr PSLE result.

Tmr is Chinese tingli, hope is OK for him too.

JieTing
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby parent.parent » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:25 pm

JieTing wrote:Hi parent.parent,

My son is in sec 1 this year.

He is quite happy with the school.

So far, I find the the teachers are responsible.

We will meet the form teacher twice after SA1 & SA2.

Thanks for your information.

parent.parent
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups