Swiss Cottage Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
A better tomorrow
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Swiss Cottage Secondary School

Post by A better tomorrow » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:53 pm

jojobunny wrote:
Cut off is 239, thus my DD did not get in and rather disappointed. Should I appeal?

There is a slim chance for your appeal being accepted. 5 points difference is a little too much .. I guess you can give it a shot but do not set your hopes too high on ur dd getting in .

eel
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by eel » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:32 pm

Swiss is my 2nd choice & my son cop is slightly higher than 239,do you think he stand a chance to get in to swiss should I appeal?

kiasuursula
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by kiasuursula » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:09 pm

eel wrote:Swiss is my 2nd choice & my son cop is slightly higher than 239,do you think he stand a chance to get in to swiss should I appeal?

Mean your son is posted to the 1st choice school, right? Can I know which school? Because schools likes CSS, NHHS, SCSS are all good schools.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:28

Post by jedamum » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:28 am

Fyi 2013 cop 239 (?)

www.swisscottagesec.moe.edu.sg/direct-s ... -admission

Admission Criteria
Primary 6 pupils will be considered for DSA into Swiss Cottage based on leadership qualities, character excellence and intellectual excellence. Applicants should demonstrate leadership qualities in one or more student leadership domains described in the table below. All shortlisted applicants will be required to attend school-based selection test and interview.

Leadership Excellence

Student/Service Leaders: Key appointment holders in student leadership bodies and CCAs and/or demonstrate leadership in specific areas particularly in community service.

Sports Leaders: demonstrate leadership in sports and games; history of accomplished performance in sports and games at national/international level.

Performing Arts Leaders: demonstrate leadership in performing arts; history of accomplishment in performing arts at national/international level.

Science Leaders: demonstrate aptitude and interest in science; history of accomplishment in science-related competitions.

Character Excellence

Very Good Conduct

Intellectual Excellence

Consistently Good Academic Performance

Closing date 4 july 2014

33mama
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by 33mama » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:51 pm

went for the Open House today. I must say I am impressed with the school in Cca, building character and leadership! I picked up few students along the way and all of them can speak fluently and confidently!
:celebrate:
Way to go Swiss Cottage!

lego
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:7

Post by lego » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:19 pm

33mama wrote:went for the Open House today. I must say I am impressed with the school in Cca, building character and leadership! I picked up few students along the way and all of them can speak fluently and confidently!
Way to go Swiss Cottage!
We were there this morning too. Appreciate the sharings by the principal who keep stressing that he is above 40. :lol: Their timetable is really packed, only Wednesday afternoon is "free".
The rest of the week, the pupils will have to stay in school till 6pm for CCA and enrichment.
Wonder if this is the norm for sec schools? :sweat:

33mama
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by 33mama » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:18 pm

lego wrote:
33mama wrote:went for the Open House today. I must say I am impressed with the school in Cca, building character and leadership! I picked up few students along the way and all of them can speak fluently and confidently!
Way to go Swiss Cottage!
We were there this morning too. Appreciate the sharings by the principal who keep stressing that he is above 40. :lol: Their timetable is really packed, only Wednesday afternoon is "free".
The rest of the week, the pupils will have to stay in school till 6pm for CCA and enrichment.
Wonder if this is the norm for sec schools?
I like it that way though.... they r in safe environment occupying themselves with both academic and character building activities!
better than loitering outside.

krisvan8
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by krisvan8 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi
I saw the booklist , have scss school shoe, is it that we need to buy the scss school shoe or we can just buy from outside any brand?
Thank you

mumary
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mumary » Mon May 22, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi

Does anyone stay near Bukit Gombak and ur child is taking O-levels? I found an MOE certified teacher who gives e-maths group tuition, we still need 2 more students to start the class. The price will be cheaper than 1 to 1 or tuition centres.

Let me know if anyone is interested, I hope to start class before holidays.

lokpry
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by lokpry » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:48 pm

Hi

Does any of our children goes to Swiss Cottage from Sengkang/Punggol?

Please share your thoughts on commutation.

Thanks in advance