Balestier Hill Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

balestier hill secondary school

Postby keith12345 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:11 pm

hi, my younger son is posted to balestier hill secondary school i am worried for him because my elder son is also in there and ever since he went to that school, he mixed with the wrong company and has turned into a gangster now. should i appeal my younger son to bendemeer sec?

keith12345
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: balestier hill secondary school

Postby ycpang » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:05 pm

keith12345 wrote:hi, my younger son is posted to balestier hill secondary school i am worried for him because my elder son is also in there and ever since he went to that school, he mixed with the wrong company and has turned into a gangster now. should i appeal my younger son to bendemeer sec?

So why did you put the school as one of your choices?

ycpang
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby keith12345 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:12 pm

he didnt get into any of his 6 choices.

keith12345
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Balestier Hill Secondary School

Postby tankee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:06 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Balestier Hill Secondary School.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Balestier Hill Secondary School

Postby sabine401 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:18 am

I have only one thing to say about BHSS. Its awesome. Parents! You guys really have to learn to not judge a book by its cover. BHSS is a really really super duper awesome school. People complain that their kids go astray when they enter our school.But that is so not the case now. First, Whether a kid gets influenced or not, it depends on e kid him/herself. If he is determined to be the at e best behaviour at all times, all places. The few mischevious students in our school wouldn't have been able to influence them. Look at me, I have been in BHSS for 2 years now. I'm going to be in Secondary 3 next year. And Im NOT a gangster or whatsoeva. The School teachers are really caring, life changing. You may think the teachers here are really lousy and bad. But that is so not the case. We have a really awesome A mathematics teacher that really is good in teaching and also very caring. Secondly, Times have change, students coming in are changing every year. Not every batch that enters our school are all bad/naughty students. Our batch are e nicest people you will eva know. Why? we did not score well for PSLE. TRUE. But we are just slow. It doesnt mean a kid is bad when he/she doesnt score well for PSLE. Our school students are changing. There are very little , Like only a handful of smokers/naughty kids and they are all changing for e better. I SWEAR.Smokers. Dont worry, our school smokers are monitored everyday. And so far, our school is 'Smoke' free. Seriously. BHSS IS AWESOME. Parents. do think differently. Its your thoughts that is affecting our school reputation. You can change a thought. I hope this really Changes how people think about my school... :hugs:

sabine401
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby moonee » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:58 am

Hi Sabine.. U mean there are smokers in the school or are they smoking in school too? I have a n indon friend who is joinin te school next year, his parents are in Indonesia and like to know about the discipline in the school, Im sure there is someone in charge of discipline, is he or she the vice principal or do they hv an appointed person in charge of discipline, if so is that person strict and fair? could u advise whether they cane the kids... tks

moonee
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby sabine401 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:36 am

Hey moonee. No, the smokers do not smoke in the school. They are monitored with a smoking device everyday to make sure they dont smoke. Our discipline in BHSS is very good.. First a scolding/lashing, then some comfort and counselling. We have a discipline team in school that disciplines e students.Our school discipline team is very fair. They will listen to both sides of e story and come to a conclusion. We also have strict attire checks to make sure that the students are dressed neatly. The form teachers will also check on the hair of students. The students are given a day to cut their hair on their own if its too long(for the boys). If they refuse to do so, e discipline team will cut it for them.. For the past 2 years tht i m in Bhss, so far nobody got caned in front of e school..Dont worry, yr friend is in safe hands :)

sabine401
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby moonee » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:56 am

Hey thanks Sabine, glad to know the discipline in the school is strict and seems fair to the students. I guess in every school there are good and bad kids but whats important most is how the situation is handled by the school. Thanks for sharing, will let my friend know, its only normal that parents worry unnecessary at times, tks again :smile:

moonee
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby LadyB » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:30 pm

Jus joined

LadyB
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mich2002 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:31 pm

anyone has any latest feedback on balestier hill secondary?

mich2002
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups