Bukit Merah Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Bukit Merah Secondary School

Postby tankee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:13 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Bukit Merah Secondary School.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Bukit Merah Secondary School

Postby BP2013 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:53 pm

tankee wrote:This is the Parents' Networking Group for Bukit Merah Secondary School.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

:scratchhead: ... No people, no comments, no child got into Bt. Merah Secondary?? :scared:

BP2013
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby pertunia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:01 am

My elder son is in Bukit Merah Sec Sch. Sec 2 this year.

pertunia
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bigd » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:15 am

my son is in secondary 1 this year. He is in 1E.

I went for the meet the parents session last Sat, 17 Jan. Kids these days really got it good. Have "honeymoon" period to get them settled into the secondary school environment.

bigd
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby pertunia » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi bigd,

How do you find the school so far? What makes you send your son there?

pertunia
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cwsw2512 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:01 am

my eldest gal is in secondary one.
She is in 1D.

My gal told me her MT teacher is a lady who looks old. The teacher told those exempted students cannot do their own things or readings during her MT period and she communicated to them in Mandarin. My gal was telling me, those students don't even understand what she was saying and totally ignored her.

This is so terrible.

cwsw2512
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby pertunia » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:45 am

Actually overall, I really like the school. I think they did some things right. I like that the principal actually pulled a boy out from floorball school team because he failed in a few subjects during exams. He is an important member of the school team so the principal places his priority on the child rather than the winnings of the school. I think this is really important. He would join the school team after passing his exams.

The principal and some teachers seem really compassionate, especially important as my elder son is epileptic (but he has recovered well and not on medication). The teacher in charge of the NCC camp messaged me and asked if my boy could watch a movie that they were going to screen during the camp, in view of his epilepsy. I was really touched cos not many teachers would do that - I feel.

My younger son, now in P6, pesters me to allow him to study in Bukit Merah SS. He is a member of the primary school's floorball team. However, his results can bring him to academically better schools. I am contemplating this.

pertunia
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby bigd » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:05 pm

pertunia wrote:Hi bigd,

How do you find the school so far? What makes you send your son there?

Hi Pertunia,

The school is really close to my home. 10min walk. Based on my son's results there were not many choices, so a day after the results were released we visited:

Queenstown Secondary
Henderson Secondary
Bukit Merah Secondary

only Henderson did not have an open house but the VP and some teachers were on hand to answer questions etc. At the end of the day, we asked our son to lay down the factors that made him want to choose that school for eg distance, CCA etc. Bukit Merah came up tops as Henderson lost out by a bit as the school was due to move in 2016 for enhancement works.

BMSS's aim is to produce well rounded people who can lead themselves. I guess that is the aim of all schools, so results are not everything as long as this journey he is on enriches his life and he is on a path that brings out the best in him.

The school also has this morning breakfast thing, where all the students gather to have breakfast together it serves as bonding time with the teachers which I find it to be a good initiative.

bigd
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby alyplwwf » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:51 am

Hi bigd,

Nice to see a parent here from the same class as my child :lol: . My girl was also in Sec 1E last year and this year Sec 2E.

alyplwwf
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby wondercloud101 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:51 pm

Hello

My elder son graduated from Bukit Merah Sec in 2014 and now my younger girl is in Sec 1. She is weak in her maths and she in normal (tech) course :( - Is it true that normal (tech) don't take N levels and go to ITE straight after Sec 5? I am confused. someone please enlighten. thanks in advance.

wondercloud101
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups