CHIJ Katong Convent

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

CHIJ Katong Convent

Postby tankee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:39 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for CHIJ Katong Convent.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

tankee
Site Admin

Re: CHIJ Katong Convent

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:35 am

Thinking of aplying to this school. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Desserts » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi cool kids,
That was one of my dd s choice too. She looked at the sch website, and loves the school rules. She thinks the stricter the sch rules, the better behave they ll be. Haha.. I also want to find out more about that school from parents out there.
Dd ' s dreamsch tkgs was dashed yesterday.

Desserts
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Same for me. But we are still trying for TKGS and will be appealing. It will be a long shot for us though.
Yes, she also understands that she needs strong boundaries to do well, even though she hates it.
Good luck to us.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Desserts » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Dd is short of 7 pts from tkgs cop, dunno if should try.. Headache to choose schools for them!
Hope some parents will share kc experience with us.

Desserts
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Almost same. For us, will try so that there will not be any regrets. Based on my understanding, posting is by merit, not by order of choice.

But so far no feedback from other parents.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bleeze » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:41 am

Desserts wrote:Dd is short of 7 pts from tkgs cop, dunno if should try.. Headache to choose schools for them!
Hope some parents will share kc experience with us.

Heard that 1 to 2 pts from COP can try appealing. But I called tkgs yesterday and was told that every year there would be >100 applicants under waiting list. Sigh....

I am also looking at CHIJ Katong. Can't find any achievement information from the school website.

Any parents of the current students please share.

bleeze
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby bleeze » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:43 pm

Just to share that CHIJ KC will be moving to its temporary premises in 2014 and 2015 at Kallang Basin (previous location of Cedar and VC). Thereafter it will then be moving back to its current location at Marine Parade.

So parents who are considering to kc as one of the choices has to take note of the travelling distance for the nxt 2 yrs.

bleeze
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:19 pm

Thanks bleeze for the heads up. DH just brought DD to many schools again for a final run through before we submit our choices.

There is a listing of KC's alumnae in Wikipaedia and I know a couple of lawyers who were former students. DD's tutor told me that they are strong in English and Literature.

I pass the school regularly and if the lady whom I was told is the principal is really so, would say that she is very hands-on and committed.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby A better tomorrow » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:24 pm

Heard that the school will be shifted to kalang basin in 2014 to 2015 dec should I go into the school ? Pls advise :D and could anyone tell me the mean the median of this school too? Thanks in advance :D

A better tomorrow
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups