Christ Church Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Christ Church Secondary School

Postby tankee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:42 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Christ Church Secondary School.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

tankee
Site Admin

Hello

Postby PSLE2010 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Hi, My gal is posted to Christ Church. I have no idea about this school, would the parents pls share me on the areas of concerns?

PSLE2010
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby worried_mummy » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:30 pm

hi.. ds also posted to christ church this yr sec 1... he enjoys it very much... :D

worried_mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby PSLE2010 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:44 pm

worried_mummy wrote:hi.. ds also posted to christ church this yr sec 1... he enjoys it very much... :D

Yes, I am glad that they are happy. Hwr, the learning pace seems slow especially Chinese. The school focuses more on activities than study...

PSLE2010
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby worried_mummy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:06 am

PSLE2010 wrote:
worried_mummy wrote:hi.. ds also posted to christ church this yr sec 1... he enjoys it very much... :D

Yes, I am glad that they are happy. Hwr, the learning pace seems slow especially Chinese. The school focuses more on activities than study...

ya agreed... ds involve cca tournament, chingay(all sec ones) and SYF competition this year... i hope he can manage his time well... as they have 10 subjects compare to primary sch only 4 subjects :pray:

worried_mummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re:

Postby IsaIvamum » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:06 pm

worried_mummy wrote:
PSLE2010 wrote:

ya agreed... ds involve cca tournament, chingay(all sec ones) and SYF competition this year... i hope he can manage his time well... as they have 10 subjects compare to primary sch only 4 subjects :pray:

Hi

Just want to know.. How's the discipline in this school?

IsaIvamum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Christ Church Secondary School

Postby ppnqq » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Would like to check with parents who have children in this school on a few things.

I also heard that this school doesn't focus so much on academic but more on activities instead, then will the children be able to cope and score well especially when they are in Sec 3 and those taking O levels?

Next thing I would like to check is, most schools have all kinds of enrichment or programs for their students. How about this school? My friend went to their open house and mentioned that not only the school looks "empty" (but very spacious and quiet) but it also seems like the school has nothing much to offer to their students compared to other schools in terms of helping and pushing their students where academic concern.

Any kind parent(s) care to clarify on these please? TIA.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ppnqq » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:27 am

Any update or feedback on this school please? Thank you.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ginny123 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:24 pm

HI can anyone tell me more about this school? We went to the open house and it seems quiet. Does this school emphasize more on outdoor or extra-currilcular activities rather then academics concern?

ginny123
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ppnqq » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:17 am

ginny123 wrote:HI can anyone tell me more about this school? We went to the open house and it seems quiet. Does this school emphasize more on outdoor or extra-currilcular activities rather then academics concern?

Seems like it's so and lots of foreign students, especially Malaysians.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups