Crescent Girls' School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
MMM
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:82

Re: Crescent Girls' School

Post by MMM » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:18 pm

ohms wrote:
MMM wrote:
ProudOfMyKids wrote: a $2k+ laptop is a serious laptop! Is there such a need?
Crescent is a future school and from the open house, we can see how they use technology in teaching. The impression we get is that the slate will be widely used in learning, homework, research, etc... so it is not going to be a white elephant. Existing students might want to comment.
Well if you consider a smaller, lighter and better CPU and speed, paying $2K+ is a fairly good long term investment - especially when lugging around a laptop and power supply, and school bag! For peace of mind, do consider buying a 2-year extended warranty (its out of my own experience!) :smile:

Unsure what are the options at this stage. From earlier thread, appear to be 2? What is recommended by current girls based on their experience?

Haneyi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Haneyi » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:16 pm

MMM wrote: Unsure what are the options at this stage. From earlier thread, appear to be 2? What is recommended by current girls based on their experience?
Earlier in the year for the 2013 Sec 1s, there were 2 models in consideration and we were asked to vote for one of the 2 and the whole level would then be using the one with majority of the votes. The 2 models were: Acer Iconia W700 and Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T, in the end there were more votes for the Samsung model.

My seniors that joined in 2012 use the Samsung Series 7 Slate and those that joined in 2011 and earlier use Fujitsu Tablet PCs. I think the device that each new batch will be using changes as newer ( and better ) models come out, so the device next year may not be the same as this year.

Actually, the Samsung ATIV Smart PC Pro 700T used this year costed less than $2000 itself ( very close though ), it is only with the purchase of other things like Adobe Design and Web Premium that the amount goes above two thousand.

Hope this helps. :smile:

kkc_friend
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by kkc_friend » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:13 am

Hey anyone here knows if joining manga club can get the bonus 2 marks off for jc entry? We know dance n band easier to obtain that. Friend asks me, but i hv no idea. Any existing students can enlighten? :)

nelly
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:1

Post by nelly » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:14 pm

I have graduated from crescent and would love to offer my advice to any of you whose DD is joining crescent. :) Just to speak about my experience, Crescent is a fantastic school! I would really like to state everything i love about the school but it would really be too long. It wasnt my first choice but i am really happy i came to crescent. There is no "popular kid" and everyone is nice (the people i know at least) and i really like our principal and how she emphasises that grades are not everything, which i think it's what the youths these day needs to hear. Plus i do admit some teachers are not very good but i left crescent feeling grateful to all my teachers.

twinklestars12
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by twinklestars12 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:03 am

nelly wrote:I have graduated from crescent and would love to offer my advice to any of you whose DD is joining crescent. :) Just to speak about my experience, Crescent is a fantastic school! I would really like to state everything i love about the school but it would really be too long. It wasnt my first choice but i am really happy i came to crescent. There is no "popular kid" and everyone is nice (the people i know at least) and i really like our principal and how she emphasises that grades are not everything, which i think it's what the youths these day needs to hear. Plus i do admit some teachers are not very good but i left crescent feeling grateful to all my teachers.
Hi,
Any idea what's the criteria for joining choir cca?

twinklestars12
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by twinklestars12 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi,
I urgently need help. Bought my uniform yesterday but skirt is too long... What should I do?

MKK
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by MKK » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:02 pm

twinklestars12 wrote:Hi,
I urgently need help. Bought my uniform yesterday but skirt is too long... What should I do?

You can exchange at

United Uniforms Queensway Pte Ltd
1 Queensway Shopping Centre
#03-49
Singapore 149053
Tel 6474 8523

MKK
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by MKK » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:07 pm

twinklestars12 wrote:
nelly wrote:I have graduated from crescent and would love to offer my advice to any of you whose DD is joining crescent. :) Just to speak about my experience, Crescent is a fantastic school! I would really like to state everything i love about the school but it would really be too long. It wasnt my first choice but i am really happy i came to crescent. There is no "popular kid" and everyone is nice (the people i know at least) and i really like our principal and how she emphasises that grades are not everything, which i think it's what the youths these day needs to hear. Plus i do admit some teachers are not very good but i left crescent feeling grateful to all my teachers.
Hi,

Need to go for auditions during CCA selection.

fadedcolours
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by fadedcolours » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:55 pm

twinklestars12 wrote:
Hi,
Hello :)

I'm from Choir and there isn't any criteria however, make sure that you go for the auditions after the cca open house. :) Hope to see you in Choir!

twinklestars12
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by twinklestars12 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:35 pm

fadedcolours wrote:
twinklestars12 wrote:
Hi,
Hello :)

I'm from Choir and there isn't any criteria however, make sure that you go for the auditions after the cca open house. :) Hope to see you in Choir!
Oh thanks for the helpful info! I joined the choir in primary school so I hope I can continue to do so. hopefully I will get selected. :)