CGS is 'All' Girls school. No place for Boys.belle_116 wrote:Hi everyone,
My DS is in P6 now. I would like to know how is the environment and culture of CGS, teachers and values the school impart? Is it highly competitive in academic pursuits? How does the school support students who are weaker in terms of academics? Care to share the pros and cons of the school?
For benefit of Other parents, it's probably best school for 'Girls' living in West.
- It is know for strict rules & enforce it with demerit points.
- Quality of teachers for both science & humanities subjects
-Tablet PC program( funded by Info comm) which will make you ready for corporate world earlier. E-mails , e-books
- Sec1 & Sec 2 will be tough, there are strict criteria for taking A maths & Triple science.
- Music Elective program is in running for 5 years.
- Quite good CCA achievements at National levels
- Consideed value-add Schol (from PSLE score to O- level score )
- Strong Alumina... Creates life long belonging to school.
- Most importantly , it will help create Independent individual. Learns to take responsibility of their action.
- No affliation, so bonus point for JC admission doesn't exist.
-No IP program( It is strength actually.,, that make it focus on O level cohort)
- School building is old . Hopefully , it will not move to holding site in near futhure
Hope it helps,