LEARNConcierge

Crescent Girls' School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Re: Crescent Girls' School

Postby zeemimi » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:47 pm

Redhill mrt station is always listed as the mrt station nearest to crescent. So many people think there is only 1 way via mrt to the sch.
Actually crescent is also accessible from orchard road via tanglin rd. If u alight at orchard mrt station, you can either take 132 or 111. It's about 10 mins journey to the school.
I did that some 30 years ago. :evil:

zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:40 pm

Yes agree. For those staying in north east, dd and her friends prefer to take the bus to dhoby ghuat and take the north east line. A lot of her friends stay in north east area

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ddtan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:13 am

How long is the usual travel time from north east area to crescent girls (mrt to dhoby ghurt then bus to school) ? Anyone staying in sengkang ?

ddtan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MMM » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:32 am

ddtan wrote:How long is the usual travel time from north east area to crescent girls (mrt to dhoby ghurt then bus to school) ? Anyone staying in sengkang ?

About 1 hour.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MoonlightMommy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Heard about students being given special tablets. How much do they cost and when do they have the option to buy them? As I presume that it is compulsory to buy, do the students use it in the classrooms everyday/for homework/research or only certain lessons? Is it like a normal tablet or programmed to only be for "educational purposes"? Sorry for the many questions, confused mommy here!

MoonlightMommy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby tuteee » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:21 pm

hi

My gal keen in CG, however she only got pass for her Higher Chinese. I want to check if she goes CG, can she get the higher Chinese? She loves higher Chinese very much

tuteee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MMM » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:49 pm

tuteee wrote:hi

My gal keen in CG, however she only got pass for her Higher Chinese. I want to check if she goes CG, can she get the higher Chinese? She loves higher Chinese very much

You can try to appeal.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tuteee » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:27 pm

MMM wrote:

You can try to appeal.

What criteria would they consider during the appeal ? And is it high chance that appeal will pass ?

tuteee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby zeemimi » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:43 pm

What was her grade for chinese? Whether she can take HMT is stated in the Eligibility Letter.
Those taking Higher Chinese essentially study the same stuff as Normal Chinese for the first 3 years, albeit accelerated by 1/2 year. Then they study extra chinese stuff in Sec 4.
Usually can appeal .

zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Candy08 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:28 am

jvaishnav wrote:I am also thinking of putting my daughter in Crescent but the only problem is commute. I did a dry run and found it takes approx 1 hour from Bukit Panjang to the school. Called school to learn that they do not have any authorized transport but there are students who travel from Pasir Ris etc. wondering if old students can highlight if there are any transport arrangement available from Bt. Panjang.

Appreciate your help.

Hi. You can enquire during the Sec 1 Registration Day. The transport operator got both there. My DD taking school bus in the morning from Jurong.
Hope this help you.

Candy08
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups

LEARNConcierge