Crescent Girls' School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Re: Crescent Girls' School

Postby mummy2ddds » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:33 pm

wondermommy747 wrote:DD said already allocated lockers. Also can lift up top of table to store books in but not safe. Anyway, tomorrow is FITT run and DD is sick + tired from sports trial... also is photo taking so DD says she will wear half uni and then change pe shirt into blouse.
Anyone knows where they running? Is it around the school or the park connector? For how long? Do they run with class or random(all classes same time)
Since it's just before normal lessons begin, I wonder if the girls can settle down...

thanx. will check with my girl tonight re the lockers. my girl is in 1c2. what abt your girl?

mummy2ddds
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby crazymummm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 pm

:congrats: to Crescent's Class of 2017 for the stellar results! :rahrah:

My DD took her O Levels last year and collected her results today. I am really happy that she did well! :) Kudos to our amazing and dedicated teachers for their hard work! :lol: I went down to witness the release of the O Level Examination results and was extremely shocked but happy that Crescent did so well! Can't remember the results for all the subjects, but here are some that I remember:

L1R5 Means: 10.2
English: 69.6% distinction
Com Humans: 69.6% distinction
Geography: 91.8% distinction
EMath: 90.3% distinction
AMath: 79.8% distinction
Physics: 61.8% distinction
Chemistry: 47.9% distinction
Biology: 71.1% distinction
Higher Chinese: 52.7% distinction
Chinese: 77.8% distinction

I'm so glad that Crescent has done so well! I'm sure that the girls are in good hands.

With this results, I'm also really glad that my DD can make it to Eunoia JC. She has always been telling me that her seniors are doing really well there, with very caring friends and extremely dedicated teachers. But her seniors also told her that she needs to work very hard too. Hope she survives :?

crazymummm
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MMM » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm

Indeed the girls did very well. It was really exciting to hear the results. I recalled around 57% scored at least 6 distinctions.

CGS has indeed value add in my dd's case as she was a dsa student who rest on her laurels during psle. Thankful for the opportunities. She has been on auto pilot mode these 4 years and we didn't have any behavioral issues from her. Grateful that 4 years later, she is in a good position to choose JCs. Her top preference is Hwa Chong which is a Jc that her friends aspire to go. But unsure if she can make it. If not, VJC is still a very good choice that we are thinking about now. Indeed thankful that she is able to make this selection now.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby crazymummm » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:20 pm

MMM wrote:Indeed the girls did very well. It was really exciting to hear the results. I recalled around 57% scored at least 6 distinctions.

CGS has indeed value add in my dd's case as she was a dsa student who rest on her laurels during psle. Thankful for the opportunities. She has been on auto pilot mode these 4 years and we didn't have any behavioral issues from her. Grateful that 4 years later, she is in a good position to choose JCs. Her top preference is Hwa Chong which is a Jc that her friends aspire to go. But unsure if she can make it. If not, VJC is still a very good choice that we are thinking about now. Indeed thankful that she is able to make this selection now.

Congratz to your DD for doing so well!

I think I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight :sweat: still can't believe that my DD has made it...

crazymummm
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby MMM » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:29 pm

Thanks crazymummm! Congrats to our girls. I woke up at 4.30am today and was excited about the results.

Do sleep well and go for open house tomorrow.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby EthanEthan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:26 am

crazymummm wrote::congrats: to Crescent's Class of 2017 for the stellar results! :rahrah:

My DD took her O Levels last year and collected her results today. I am really happy that she did well! :) Kudos to our amazing and dedicated teachers for their hard work! :lol: I went down to witness the release of the O Level Examination results and was extremely shocked but happy that Crescent did so well! Can't remember the results for all the subjects, but here are some that I remember:

I'm so glad that Crescent has done so well! I'm sure that the girls are in good hands.

With this results, I'm also really glad that my DD can make it to Eunoia JC. She has always been telling me that her seniors are doing really well there, with very caring friends and extremely dedicated teachers. But her seniors also told her that she needs to work very hard too. Hope she survives :?

My DD is in Eunoia JC. She says the teachers there are super on the ball, monitoring their progress regularly and giving extra help and lessons. The students are also super motivated as they want to set a high benchmark for the JC in this year’s A levels. You DD certainlyvmake a right choice by choosing EJ.

EthanEthan
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby zeemimi » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:58 am

:congrats: crazymummm & MMM's girls. That's really commendable results

zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby crazymummm » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:07 pm

EthanEthan wrote:
crazymummm wrote::congrats: to Crescent's Class of 2017 for the stellar results! :rahrah:

My DD is in Eunoia JC. She says the teachers there are super on the ball, monitoring their progress regularly and giving extra help and lessons. The students are also super motivated as they want to set a high benchmark for the JC in this year’s A levels. You DD certainlyvmake a right choice by choosing EJ.

Oh, that's good to hear! :) I went for Eunoia JC's open house today and school environment seems really vibrant!

crazymummm
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby crazymummm » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:08 pm

zeemimi wrote::congrats: crazymummm & MMM's girls. That's really commendable results

Thank you for your kind words! :) Let's not forget to thank the school and their teachers too!

crazymummm
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Crescent Girls' School

Postby Sniper Angel » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 am

Could anyone share when the school would complete the syllabus for Sec 4? End of Term 1 or Term 2? Then we could estimate the school would drill the students towards preparation for O level.

Sniper Angel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

PreviousNext

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups