East Spring Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

East Spring Secondary School

Postby tankee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:20 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for East Spring Secondary School.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

tankee
Site Admin

Re: East Spring Secondary School

Postby tancha » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:38 pm

Hi any parents out there?

tancha
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby eastspringian » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:53 pm

Hello! I am a student studying in East Spring Sec, and since the PSLE results came out, its probably the time where parents worry about which school to put theirs child in, and if you are thinking of putting your child in, and have any questions or doubt, i don't mind helping you to clear your doubts!!

eastspringian
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tankee » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:56 pm

eastspringian wrote:Hello! I am a student studying in East Spring Sec, and since the PSLE results came out, its probably the time where parents worry about which school to put theirs child in, and if you are thinking of putting your child in, and have any questions or doubt, i don't mind helping you to clear your doubts!!

:goodpost:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby blissful mummy » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi Eastspringian, glad to see your post. We have attended your school's Open House last Saturday and are so happy with what we saw that we have selected East Spring Sec as the 1st choice for our son. Is there anything you can share with me about your school? How has your teachers helped you in your development in academics, CCA and leadership qualities, and what do you like & dislike about your school? Are there any bullying issues and how would you advise a new student entering Sec 1 in your school to cope? Any other information you could share would be extremely helpful. Thank you :)

blissful mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby eastspringian » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:54 am

blissful mummy wrote:Hi Eastspringian, glad to see your post. We have attended your school's Open House last Saturday and are so happy with what we saw that we have selected East Spring Sec as the 1st choice for our son. Is there anything you can share with me about your school? How has your teachers helped you in your development in academics, CCA and leadership qualities, and what do you like & dislike about your school? Are there any bullying issues and how would you advise a new student entering Sec 1 in your school to cope? Any other information you could share would be extremely helpful. Thank you :)

I don't really know what you want to you, but since you asked a certain questions, I would just reply them! If you still do have any other questions, I will reply you ASAP!!
Generally, the teachers in my school, are very dedicated, not too sure about others, but I am in this school for 3 years now, and all the teachers that taught me have never gave us 'free periods' in which we can do anything, especially before our exams, after exams, some will allow us to enjoy(especially after EOYS), academically, east spring has always been a huge help to me, teachers are often willing to give consultations if you ask from them, and some would ask you to whether you do need consultations if they think that you are weak in that certain subjects.
East spring also believes in developing their students character, and have talks about our school values from our own student who excels in that certain value. East spring have definitely inculcated theirs set of values in me!
In east spring, the school believes in every child gets a chance to be a leader(of course, if it's those main ones, then not all will get the chance), and if you show that you is the 'leader-material' during the first year, they will get you to interview(but if you want to be a leader and was not selected, you can go for it too) and see whether you qualify for prefectorial board.
I believe that there are a lot of CCAs in my school, and that you will definitely be able to join one that you like, and when you do so, please do not quit, because your points will be all gone if you don't have a medical reason for changing your cca.
There are of course black Sheep every where, I wouldn't say that there ain't any bullying cases, but I would dare to say that once the school found out that somebody is being bullied, they will make sure to investigate, and then punish the student who was bullying others.
As for my advice, I think that your son should really join the camp(there should be a camp on the first few days of school), by joining the camp, it will get you to know more people, and interact with them, and that to keep a open 'arms' to everybody, don't be too quiet, unless you don't mind being alone, as for my batch/class, everybody was enthusiastic, so we had fun during the camp!
Have fun in east spring!

eastspringian
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby blissful mummy » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:28 am

Hi Eastspringian, really appreciate your prompt and detailed response which assured me that we have made the right choice placing East Spring Sec as our son's 1st choice :)

blissful mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby eastspringian » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:30 pm

blissful mummy wrote:Hi Eastspringian, really appreciate your prompt and detailed response which assured me that we have made the right choice placing East Spring Sec as our son's 1st choice :)

hi omg i didn't know you replied me, i hope your son manages to enter east spring, and if he have already entered east spring, i hope he have fun in esss!!

eastspringian
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby blissful mummy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi Eastspringian, my son has entered East Spring Sec and it's a fantastic choice. He's very happy in ESSS and says he feels like everyone is family in this school. He has joined Scouts as his CCA. Thanks again for your advice which was one of the reasons that led me to select ESSS as my son's top choice :)

blissful mummy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby eastspringian » Sat May 07, 2016 11:26 pm

blissful mummy wrote:Hi Eastspringian, my son has entered East Spring Sec and it's a fantastic choice. He's very happy in ESSS and says he feels like everyone is family in this school. He has joined Scouts as his CCA. Thanks again for your advice which was one of the reasons that led me to select ESSS as my son's top choice :)

Ah you are utmost welcome! If there is anything you want to ask or is curious, just tell me, I don't mind helping, but now it's our semester exams, so better get your child to study hard, bc it's always good to have a strong foundation before proceeding to upper sec! But hope your son will enjoy his time in Esss, what class is he in tho if you don't kind revealing.

eastspringian
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups