Xinmin Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Xinmin Secondary School

Postby tankee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:48 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Xinmin Secondary School.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

tankee
Site Admin

Xinmin Secondary School

Postby ptmom » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:54 am

Hi, I would also like to hear from parents with kids in Xinmin. My dd is in P6 this year and Xinmin is one of the school we are contemplating.

ptmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Xinmin Secondary School

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:00 pm

ptmom wrote:Hi, I would also like to hear from parents with kids in Xinmin. My dd is in P6 this year and Xinmin is one of the school we are contemplating.

My kids are not from Xinmin, but so far, I have heard only good things about Xinmin. A lot of my friends' kids are there and they only have praises for the school. Good choice to consider.

Postby ptmom » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:06 pm

25hourmaid wrote:
ptmom wrote:Hi, I would also like to hear from parents with kids in Xinmin. My dd is in P6 this year and Xinmin is one of the school we are contemplating.

My kids are not from Xinmin, but so far, I have heard only good things about Xinmin. A lot of my friends' kids are there and they only have praises for the school. Good choice to consider.

Thanks for the feedback 25hourmiad, will look out for their open house as well :)

ptmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:10 pm

ptmom wrote:Thanks for the feedback 25hourmiad, will look out for their open house as well :)

No problem. :wink: Glad to be of help. :love: Think they have 2 Open House every year. Check out their website.

Postby jhansolo » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:40 pm

I do have a girl in XinMin Sec and let me share with you why I highly recommended to my girl when it was time for her choice.

It is not near a shopping mall. In fact there is ban to be shopping in school uniform.

The school has a strict discipline. (my girl was late for school for 5 mins and got retention for 3hrs for first timer ... she is no long late for school)

My girl tells me what attracted her was a games (X-box and Wii) room for the best behave class.

If I have seen this earlier, I would have recommended you to go to their homecoming (funfair) which is better than open house.

I share as a parent for P6 girl, don't push your decision, encourage and plant ideas, let your girl decide.

Cut off point is about +-240.

They have very strong SYF performance (for DSA opportunity)... check out the SYF results website.

Just my humble thoughts.

jhansolo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby VisualTextEducation » Thu May 05, 2011 12:36 am

Hahahaha, as a teacher who has taught in Xin Min. I highly recommend it. The management is excellent. Happy teachers=Good results. =) Jia You on the cut off point yah.

VisualTextEducation
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby gaznat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:02 pm

As an ex-student, I wouldn't mind sending my children back into Xinmin. Teachers are dedicated :) Had it not been for them, I would have failed my 'O' level exam instead of going 3-5 grades up. :)

But then again, it's all up to the child. As long as he/she doesn't choose some school that is not quite there, I feel.

gaznat
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:49 pm

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp ... _have.html

students fighting posted on stomp.com.sg
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Crester » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:39 am