Whitley Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Whitley Secondary School

Postby TwentyOnine » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:13 am

I read one post by a student who chose Whitley Sec and I am feeling very nervous now. He/ she said he/she tried googled this school and found out that the behaviours of the student are atrocious. I tried to google too but not much info. posted in the internet.
My daughter has been posted to this school and I just realised that the Principal has been changed to Mr Karphal Singh - former principal of Telok Kurau Sec (another scary school, of course not all the students), he also got the school closed down. My God, I am extremely worried and feeling very guilty cos our first choice was originally Pei Hwa but transportation is not very convenient (need to change bus), and my daughter actually preferred Edgefield because it is new and some of her friends are going there. I felt like appealing for Edgefield, is it too late? Or should I give Whitley a chance? Quite scary actually, after I watched a video in Youtube showing one of their student smoking.

TwentyOnine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Whitley Secondary School

Postby Vanilla Cake » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:17 am

TwentyOnine wrote:I read one post by a student who chose Whitley Sec and I am feeling very nervous now. He/ she said he/she tried googled this school and found out that the behaviours of the student are atrocious. I tried to google too but not much info. posted in the internet.
My daughter has been posted to this school and I just realised that the Principal has been changed to Mr Karphal Singh - former principal of Telok Kurau Sec (another scary school, of course not all the students), he also got the school closed down. My God, I am extremely worried and feeling very guilty cos our first choice was originally Pei Hwa but transportation is not very convenient (need to change bus), and my daughter actually preferred Edgefield because it is new and some of her friends are going there. I felt like appealing for Edgefield, is it too late? Or should I give Whitley a chance? Quite scary actually, after I watched a video in Youtube showing one of their student smoking.

Past PSLE COPs for Sec 1 intake via S1 posting (Express course):
Pei Hwa Secondary School - Govt - Mixed
2010 - 200 - (4 Express 2011 Sec 1 classes)
2009 - 195
2008 - 189
2007 - 188
2006 - 202
2005 - 206
2004 - 205

Edgefield Secondary School - Govt Mixed
2010 - 208 - (5 Express 2011 Sec 1 classes)
Read more (Summary of PSLE aggregates) here.
One of my cousins was posted to Edgefield Sec School (her 2nd choice). During the breifing on the Sec 1 registration day, the principal (Mr Leong Kok Kee 梁国基) mentioned that all 5 Express classes were filled to the brim ie 40 students per class and there were students on waiting list.

Whitley Secondary School
2010 - ?
2009 - 195
2008 - 203
2007 - 205
2006 - 206
2005 - 206
2004 - 206

Mods - Pls move this post under Secondary/IP Schools - Parents' Networking Groups.

Thks.

Vanilla Cake
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:45 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Whitley Secondary School

Postby koguma » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:30 am

TwentyOnine wrote:I read one post by a student who chose Whitley Sec and I am feeling very nervous now. He/ she said he/she tried googled this school and found out that the behaviours of the student are atrocious. I tried to google too but not much info. posted in the internet.
My daughter has been posted to this school and I just realised that the Principal has been changed to Mr Karphal Singh - former principal of Telok Kurau Sec (another scary school, of course not all the students), he also got the school closed down. My God, I am extremely worried and feeling very guilty cos our first choice was originally Pei Hwa but transportation is not very convenient (need to change bus), and my daughter actually preferred Edgefield because it is new and some of her friends are going there. I felt like appealing for Edgefield, is it too late? Or should I give Whitley a chance? Quite scary actually, after I watched a video in Youtube showing one of their student smoking.


I think it is unfair for u to say that Mr Karphal Singh "got the school closed down". No principal can cause a school to close down, only MOE can. u should ask MOE y the school is closed down. If u don't like the school, u should appeal now.

For your info, i don't believe there is a school in Spore that don't have a naughty student. Pls prove me if i am wrong.

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:20 pm
Total Likes: 1


Postby TwentyOnine » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:36 am

Thanks for the info. Does it mean that I'd better not waste time trying cos my daughter's score is only close to 200? Kindly give more specific answer. Thanks.

TwentyOnine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby Vanilla Cake » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:46 am

TwentyOnine wrote:Thanks for the info. Does it mean that I'd better not waste time trying cos my daughter's score is only close to 200? Kindly give more specific answer. Thanks.

You are welcome. I am only sharing info abt the school as my cousin (girl) happened to be posted there for 2011 Sec 1 intake. It's best that you contact the school directly regarding your appeal case etc.

BTW, what is the 2010 PSLE COP (Express course - 2011 Sec 1 intake) for Whitley Sec Sch so that lizawa can update your info in this thread ?

Vanilla Cake
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:45 am
Total Likes: 0



Postby TwentyOnine » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:43 am

Just called Whitley, it's only 188, a drop from 195 last year, 7 points. What's happening to this school. I hope MOE does not send the new Principal to close down this school as well (as he was experienced). I hope he makes the students behave and work harder. I feel so guilty for the selection made for my little girl.

TwentyOnine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby TwentyOnine » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:45 am

Both Pei Hwa and Edgefield have long waiting list. And they stand firm on their COP when I talked to them. Chances to get accepted will be slim for my kid. I feel so sad.

TwentyOnine
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby ycpang » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:47 am

TwentyOnine wrote:Just called Whitley, it's only 188, a drop from 195 last year, 7 points. What's happening to this school. I hope MOE does not send the new Principal to close down this school as well (as he was experienced). I hope he makes the students behave and work harder. I feel so guilty for the selection made for my little girl.

Since you have no good feeling for this school, quickly go and appeal for another school. It is important that you have faith in the school that your DD is going to attend.

ycpang
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Whitley Secondary School

Postby Cristiano Ronaldo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:36 am

Can someone please give me a choice between Whitley Secondary or Bishan Park Secondary

Cristiano Ronaldo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:30 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Whitley Secondary School

Postby Cristiano Ronaldo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:40 pm

Which is better Whitley Secondary or Bishan Park Secondary?

Cristiano Ronaldo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:30 am
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups