Unity Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Unity Secondary School

Postby tankee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:54 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Unity Secondary School.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Unity Secondary School

Postby coffeemocha » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi!!My DS has joined Unity Secondary. Thanks to the forum for all the support extended during PSLE. Kindly guide me on what to expect in Sec 1. :thankyou:

coffeemocha
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby BlurBerry » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:03 am

coffeemocha wrote:Hi!!My DS has joined Unity Secondary. Thanks to the forum for all the support extended during PSLE. Kindly guide me on what to expect in Sec 1. :thankyou:

Hi, my girl is going Unity too. Hope she can cope with her studies. I wonder how helpful are the teachers in this school.

BlurBerry
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby BlurBerry » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:29 pm

One of the plus points I thought of was this school allowed students to wear sports shoes of white, gray or black. Thought could get better quality, longer-lasting shoes for my daughter.

Too bad the principal decided to change it to only black starting 2013. But then, it is still better than white.

BlurBerry
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Unity Secondary School uniform to give away

Postby popp » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:07 pm

Hi

I hv a few sets of boys uniform for unity sec to give away, anyone keen to take pls pm me, the shirt is size 32&34, the pants is size 25, only wore for abt 6-12mths

popp
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby yxl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:33 pm

Hi parent

My boy just got in unity sec school. I wonder how's life in secondary school.
Just check if anyone has any good tution centre or tutor to refer?
(Child taking nt subjects) thanks

yxl
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby CCKparent » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:50 pm

My girl just completed her o level in Unity, seem like overall unity result is not too good.

CCKparent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby BlurBerry » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:04 pm

CCKparent wrote:My girl just completed her o level in Unity, seem like overall unity result is not too good.

Not too good compared to.....?

Apparently the principal told the school that they did quite well and it was one of the better scores. But I don't know the details. Maybe he says that every year so that the rest of students will work harder.

BlurBerry
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sembgal » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:51 am

I heard from my friend that a group of concerned sec 1 parents are going to unity sec today to feedback about the long excessive hours spent on CCA. She shared that many parents are unhappy about it as they are concerned about their children's academic too. The poor children who have to stay back in school until very late afternoon and they have to go home do homework at night until late.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby BlurBerry » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:11 pm

sembgal wrote:I heard from my friend that a group of concerned sec 1 parents are going to unity sec today to feedback about the long excessive hours spent on CCA. She shared that many parents are unhappy about it as they are concerned about their children's academic too. The poor children who have to stay back in school until very late afternoon and they have to go home do homework at night until late.

Juggling CCAs and studies is part and parcel of learning about responsibilities and how to manage one's time and priorities. We should learn to let go and allow the kids to grow.

BlurBerry
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups