Geylang Methodist Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Geylang Methodist Secondary School

Postby tankee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Geyland Methodist Secondary School.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby 6868 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:42 am

My DD is currently study in GMS in sec 1 level, any input on this school?? thanks

KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby leesf » Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:46 pm

My son is in sec 1 too. Did you join the Parents Support Group? If you participate in their activities you get to meet the volunteer parents and they will share experience with you.

leesf
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Geylang Methodist Secondary School

Postby bleeze » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:09 am

Any comment about this school? Can someone share? Thanks

bleeze
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Desserts » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi bleeze , geylang Methodist will be one of my choices too, saw your post in the kc thread :).
Thought plmgs is also good, but dd still short of it >3 and they accept affiliated students first. So again, maybe wait list wil be long long. Saw Mgs cop for affiliation 200 only, outsiders 252 :yikes:

Hope some parents or geylang met students will feedback about this sch.

Desserts
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby bleeze » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Desserts wrote:Hi bleeze , geylang Methodist will be one of my choices too, saw your post in the kc thread :).
Thought plmgs is also good, but dd still short of it >3 and they accept affiliated students first. So again, maybe wait list wil be long long. Saw Mgs cop for affiliation 200 only, outsiders 252 :yikes:

Hope some parents or geylang met students will feedback about this sch.

Hi Desserts, same here that I am also looking at GMSS. Infact, my Dd's dream sch is tkgs, but her score is too far apart. Moreover, Dd doesn't have any outstanding CCA so for us, appeal may not work. If your Dd has any outstanding CCA that tkgs is looking for (you may check with the sch), you may try to appeal even it is > 7. Some sch even accept any results as long as the CCA they are looking for.
Wish your Dd all the best. :smile:

bleeze
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Desserts » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Hi bleeze, tks for sharing, dd s dreamsch is also tkgs. :) dh went tk with dd yesterday, she s not active in cca , and tk cca is really all out to win medal kind. So the hod sort of said dd s chances are low. So said good bye to tkgs.

how come nobody from the forum send their kids to gms, very quiet thread.

Desserts
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Bonnie » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Is GMS a good school? I m not sure

Bonnie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby A better tomorrow » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Anyone or friends' dd n ds studying Geylacng methodist school (sec) ? Any commment on this sch ? Are teachers caring n committed ? Students well behaved? Could u pls let me know the mean n median too. Thants a lot :smile:

A better tomorrow
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Polar88 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:56 pm

Hello,

My son currently study in GMSS. He'll be in Sec 2 Jan. 2013. I guess some of your kids might be in the same class with my son. Honestly I'm quite happy with my son's performance in his 1st year at GMSS....and the teacher also quite helpful. We're not Singaporean and we also don't live in Singapore. I just wanna say hi to all the parents here.

Polar88
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups