Hillgrove Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Hillgrove Secondary School

Postby tankee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Hillgrove Secondary School.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Hillgrove Secondary School Infocomm Club

Postby unicorntart » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Hillgrove Infocomm Club

Previously known as Information Technology Club, the Infocomm Club @ Hillgrove was started in 2009 as part of the Infocomm Clubs Programme initiated and co-funded by the Infocomm Development Authority (IDA). Working with our vendor, Elchemi, our students are trained to do animation, video and audio editing, preparing them for National Schools Podcasting Competition, Digital Music Competition and Schools Digital Media Awards Competition. Elchemi is coaching our students using the Macintosh platform. All these excite our pupils as it introduces them to new possibilities of using ICT using the Macintosh platforms to express their ideas creatively, and allows them to gain technical expertise in the ICT sector.

Publications
Infocomm Club has played an important role in assisting our school in the field of publicity for the past two years. Our students were tasked to take on roles of designers for posters, banners or tickets for school events like the launch of Wireless@Hillgrove and the Cyberwellness Awareness Campaign, as well as the recent Hillgrove Graduation Night. Opportunities were given to showcase their creativity especially in the conceptualization of the designs and multimedia skills in area of photo editing using Adobe Photoshop. At the same time, students could learn to be more aware of issues pertaining to Cyberwellness and develop pride in making significant contribution to the school.

Media Production
Infocomm Club has a team of competent students trained to capture many important moments of our school major events through the use of advance high definition video cameras equipped with lenses switching capability. The same team of students is conversant with the editing skills to finalize their video with the best effects using Final Cut Pro & iMovie before showcasing via our YouTube account. You can find the latest videos uploaded to our YouTube channel

Publicity
With social media making a huge difference in our lives, Infocomm Club has decided to extend our reach and thus, creating a Facebook page and Twitter account. Our recent and upcoming activities such as competitions, new videos or events are then posted on Facebook and Twitter, for people to follow and catch up on.

Open House Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmDc878_Uwk&feature=plcp

School Event Videos: http://www.youtube.com/hgvinfocomm
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hgvinfocomm

Do consider your child to join our CCA if he or she is in Hillgrove Secondary!

unicorntart
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Hillgrove Secondary School

Postby weatherbee » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Any comment on Hillgrove Sec?

weatherbee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby janet88 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:17 am

My son is in Hillgrove.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby unicorntart » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Hello Parents,

Hillgrove Secondary School Infocomm Club would be holding it's orientation on Friday at the MacLab. If your child is interested in joining our CCA, you can get him or her to fill up the form at http://hgvinfocomm.com/?page_id=183 and we would get in touch with your child shortly. Alternatively, you can reach us at https://www.facebook.com/hgvinfocomm for any questions! :) All the best for your child's CCA posting!

unicorntart
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby janet88 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:14 am

How did Hillgrove do for O levels ?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:11 am

My son just received the news...he got into Infocomm :rahrah: I am so happy for him...I am glad he is happy at Hillgrove.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby unicorntart » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:32 pm

Hello Parents,

I hope you can like the school's official Facebook Page meant for the parents and the public @ https://www.facebook.com/officialhgss

unicorntart
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tsh0202 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:14 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:My son just received the news...he got into Infocomm :rahrah: I am so happy for him...I am glad he is happy at Hillgrove.

Hi,
Know from your post that your DS is in Hillgrove Sec.
Thinking of selecting this sch for my DS.
Need to get some feedback (both positive and negative)from you regarding this sch in terms of academic, discipline and activities.
Thanks!

tsh0202
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby little patrick » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Dear Parent

I would like to have your view and feedback (positive and negative) on this school. Tks

little patrick
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups