Jurong Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Jurong Secondary School

Postby tankee » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:58 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Jurong Secondary School.

Once you have gotten your child in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Re: Jurong Secondary School

Postby skss » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:41 pm

anyone has any feedback on this school?

skss
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:36 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Jurong Secondary School

Postby scm292 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:11 pm

If compare by just looking at the students' T-score COP for secondary schools (E, NA, NT) in jurong west/taman jurong area, then this school is one of the preferred as its COP is among the highest.
You may want to check out how well the school perform in the "O" levels.

scm292
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:26 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Jurong Secondary School

Postby Evalim » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi! So far my elder ds is in JSS , he is in"O" level this year, the school is fine to me.. the teachers are good, they helped the kids alot real drilling for the "O level" they did what they can to help the kids... the principal is a nice guy! He is a motivator that motivates the kids to do better for the O level.... they have night class for the past few months to drill the kids for O level...
I remembered 4yrs ago my elder ds selected JSS as his secondary school, his form teacher is a nice lady, she is very concern on the kids academic and what they do at home. She spoke to the kids too....The school also engaged some vendors to commence talk in the school, topics like "Bonding with the children" the talk are free of charge for the parents and kids....
Now, I have a younger ds PSLE this year, will consider JSS but I do hope my younger ds can make it into this school....

Evalim
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:38 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Jurong Secondary School

Postby skss » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Evalim wrote:Hi! So far my elder ds is in JSS , he is in"O" level this year, the school is fine to me.. the teachers are good, they helped the kids alot real drilling for the "O level" they did what they can to help the kids... the principal is a nice guy! He is a motivator that motivates the kids to do better for the O level.... they have night class for the past few months to drill the kids for O level...
I remembered 4yrs ago my elder ds selected JSS as his secondary school, his form teacher is a nice lady, she is very concern on the kids academic and what they do at home. She spoke to the kids too....The school also engaged some vendors to commence talk in the school, topics like "Bonding with the children" the talk are free of charge for the parents and kids....
Now, I have a younger ds PSLE this year, will consider JSS but I do hope my younger ds can make it into this school....



there seems to be a DBSS to be built right beside the school. It could be noisy for the next 2 years at least.

skss
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:36 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Jurong Secondary School

Postby 33mama » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:52 pm

skss wrote:
Evalim wrote:Hi! So far my elder ds is in JSS , he is in"O" level this year, the school is fine to me.. the teachers are good, they helped the kids alot real drilling for the "O level" they did what they can to help the kids... the principal is a nice guy! He is a motivator that motivates the kids to do better for the O level.... they have night class for the past few months to drill the kids for O level...
I remembered 4yrs ago my elder ds selected JSS as his secondary school, his form teacher is a nice lady, she is very concern on the kids academic and what they do at home. She spoke to the kids too....The school also engaged some vendors to commence talk in the school, topics like "Bonding with the children" the talk are free of charge for the parents and kids....
Now, I have a younger ds PSLE this year, will consider JSS but I do hope my younger ds can make it into this school....



there seems to be a DBSS to be built right beside the school. It could be noisy for the next 2 years at least.


think it's a BTO. 1 side BTO, the other side is enbloc. should be noisy.

33mama
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 am
Total Likes: 3


Re: Jurong Secondary School

Postby dannywmp » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:24 pm

JSS is my boy first choice, hope he can gets into the school...

He got 226 for his PSLE.

According to 2012 COP @ 225, he should stands a chance but who knows whether it will goes up this year...finger cross for tomorrow results.

dannywmp
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Jurong Secondary School

Postby anxious.dad » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:43 pm

[quoteNgoontrollerOfTime"]Hi, Is there any way i can get the PE Attire for JSS outside of school?[/quote]
Siong Ngoo
Blk 352 Jurong East St 31
#01-139
Tel: 62684103

anxious.dad
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8581
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:26 pm
Total Likes: 4


Re: Jurong Secondary School

Postby 33mama » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:49 pm

JSS open house on 29Nov. Does that mean psle results day is 24nov?
Normally open house is the Sat after results day.

33mama
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 am
Total Likes: 3


Re: Jurong Secondary School

Postby jjxy mum » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:40 pm

33mama wrote:JSS open house on 29Nov. Does that mean psle results day is 24nov?
Normally open house is the Sat after results day.


The website shows 22 Nov....

http://www.jurongsec.moe.edu.sg

jjxy mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4167
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:54 am
Total Likes: 7


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups