School of Science and Technology

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
Post Reply

Would your child be applying for SST?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Yes
5
29%
No, distance is too far
3
18%
No, no track record yet
9
53%
 
Total votes: 17

Alden Andrew
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 15,

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by Alden Andrew » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi everyone, I am a student from SST. I want to advice while SST is a fun school with a lot of hands-on activities, the students have to have good time management in studying and students will be given a lot of projects. The robotics is one of the best CCAs in terms of awards but is very high in popularity and many students apply for Robotics CCA. Overall, SST is a really good school where you get to showcase your talents and leadership skills and character and attitude skills

shurley197323
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 601
Joined: Fri Nov 07,

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by shurley197323 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:51 pm

Alden Andrew wrote:Hi everyone, I am a student from SST. I want to advice while SST is a fun school with a lot of hands-on activities, the students have to have good time management in studying and students will be given a lot of projects. The robotics is one of the best CCAs in terms of awards but is very high in popularity and many students apply for Robotics CCA. Overall, SST is a really good school where you get to showcase your talents and leadership skills and character and attitude skills

Thank you, Alden Andrew for your info.

Jarol Lo
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Jun 04,
Total Likes:6

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by Jarol Lo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:33 am

Alden Andrew wrote:Hi everyone, I am a student from SST. I want to advice while SST is a fun school with a lot of hands-on activities, the students have to have good time management in studying and students will be given a lot of projects. The robotics is one of the best CCAs in terms of awards but is very high in popularity and many students apply for Robotics CCA. Overall, SST is a really good school where you get to showcase your talents and leadership skills and character and attitude skills
hi Andrew, thanks for your message. This is what exactly my son insist in going SST for. He loves project works than doing classroom lessons.

You mentioned about robotics which I also heard that over 90% of the new comers applied for this CCA. From your experience/observation, you think those who are doing robotics in their primary school has got better chance to be admitted?

Thanks

Moonlih
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 30,

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by Moonlih » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:48 pm

Understand there is change of leadership at SST. Hopefully SST would share with parents of more info of incoming new principal on upcoming session on 24 Oct.

Ender
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Apr 26,
Total Likes:10

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by Ender » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:34 pm

From the SST web site, the new principal is Mrs Linda Chan. Any info on her?

http://www.sst.edu.sg/blog/announcement ... ring-2015/


shurley197323
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 601
Joined: Fri Nov 07,

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by shurley197323 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:45 pm

Does anyone know the parents talk tomorrow is from 8am to 11am too?

Ender
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Apr 26,
Total Likes:10

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by Ender » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:52 pm

shurley197323 wrote:Does anyone know the parents talk tomorrow is from 8am to 11am too?
Yes, 8 - 11am. However be 30 mins earlier for registration. BE in school uniform and bring along student card.

shurley197323
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 601
Joined: Fri Nov 07,

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by shurley197323 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:56 pm

Ender wrote:
shurley197323 wrote:Does anyone know the parents talk tomorrow is from 8am to 11am too?
Yes, 8 - 11am. However be 30 mins earlier for registration. BE in school uniform and bring along student card.
PE attide should be ok?

Ender
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Apr 26,
Total Likes:10

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by Ender » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:02 pm

shurley197323 wrote:
Ender wrote:
shurley197323 wrote:Does anyone know the parents talk tomorrow is from 8am to 11am too?
Yes, 8 - 11am. However be 30 mins earlier for registration. BE in school uniform and bring along student card.
PE attide should be ok?
Not too sure, but my son will be wearing his PE tee, with his big school logo.

shurley197323
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 601
Joined: Fri Nov 07,

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by shurley197323 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:08 pm

Thank you, Ender.

Post Reply