School of Science and Technology

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
Post Reply

Would your child be applying for SST?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Yes
5
29%
No, distance is too far
3
18%
No, no track record yet
9
53%
 
Total votes: 17

shurley197323
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 601
Joined: Fri Nov 07,

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by shurley197323 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Go for it wrote:Thanks Serria Golf, I tried but it doesn't work. I'll check with the school tmr.

Hi Shurley197323, isn't it only 3 options that are customized for SST in Sapura website?
There are 4 options on the SST but only 3 with customised for SST.

Ender
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Apr 26,
Total Likes:10

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by Ender » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:48 pm

kwcllf wrote:Ok. I got what Serria Golf mean. But I can,t set up the account.

Also, I still can't find the price list for the Macbook even after I have signed up. So frustrating!
You need to sign up as a Student. There'll be option to select the school (SST in our case), and to upload a scan picture of your student concession or posting letter. After a short while, you'll receive a email that your account is activated.
Login again, you should see the various options.

PS, for email you can use your personal email account. Since the SST email account can't be set up at this moment.

Go for it
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Aug 27,
Total Likes:2

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by Go for it » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:53 pm

After you login, on the right of the screen are some school logo. Click on SST. The options for the school should show up. If still can't, you need to call them tmr. :)

kwcllf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Jun 04,
Total Likes:11

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by kwcllf » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:03 pm

Go for it wrote:After you login, on the right of the screen are some school logo. Click on SST. The options for the school should show up. If still can't, you need to call them tmr. :)
That is what I have done :stompfeet:

shurley197323
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 601
Joined: Fri Nov 07,

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by shurley197323 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:11 pm

kwcllf wrote:
Go for it wrote:After you login, on the right of the screen are some school logo. Click on SST. The options for the school should show up. If still can't, you need to call them tmr. :)
That is what I have done :stompfeet:
Hi, kwcllf. Did you login in as your kid account ? And have you confirm the S1 option ?
Because when I try to click on other school, they don't allow me to see anything too. Can only see the registered student with the school.


kwcllf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Jun 04,
Total Likes:11

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by kwcllf » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:19 pm

OK. Manage to get the Macbook price list. You will need to sign in as a "STUDENT".

By the way, are we supposed to choose one of the following option?

AppleCare ($268) - 2 yrs extended warranty

Accidental & Damage Insurance for 4 years ($288.90)


I read the Macbook Pro has a better screen resolution but it has only one external port. So, if you use it for charging, you can't use it for other uses such as attaching a camera to it, etc.......

To do that, you will need to buy an adaptor which is quite expensive.

Anyone can comment whether Macbook Air will suffice or the Macbook Pro is a better buy due to its better specification but limited by only one single port?

Can anyone advise why the Macbook Pro that is customised for SST cost $2,711 while the other one cost only $1,547?

shurley197323
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 601
Joined: Fri Nov 07,

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by shurley197323 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:27 pm

The Macbook pricing add up all these warranty and insurance is :yikes:
My elder DD at nushigh only using a Dell laptop less than $800.

hopes
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jul 20,

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by hopes » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:32 pm

kwcllf wrote:Ok. I got what Serria Golf mean. But I can,t set up the account.

Also, I still can't find the price list for the Macbook even after I have signed up. So frustrating!
On sapura web, after sign in, on right hand site, look for school / SST.

It will list 3 or 4 options.

You will see it indicated as Macbook ..customised/designed for SST.

Hopes this help.

kwcllf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1065
Joined: Wed Jun 04,
Total Likes:11

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by kwcllf » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:34 pm

hopes wrote:
kwcllf wrote:Ok. I got what Serria Golf mean. But I can,t set up the account.

Also, I still can't find the price list for the Macbook even after I have signed up. So frustrating!
On sapura web, after sign in, on right hand site, look for school / SST.

It will list 3 or 4 options.

You will see it indicated as Macbook ..customised/designed for SST.

Hopes this help.
Thanks. Manage to get in but need to sign up as "STUDENT".

Ender
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 727
Joined: Sat Apr 26,
Total Likes:10

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by Ender » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:35 pm

kwcllf wrote:OK. Manage to get the Macbook price list. You will need to sign in as a "STUDENT".

By the way, are we supposed to choose one of the following option?

AppleCare ($268) - 2 yrs extended warranty

Accidental & Damage Insurance for 4 years ($288.90)


I read the Macbook Pro has a better screen resolution but it has only one external port. So, if you use it for charging, you can't use it for other uses such as attaching a camera to it, etc.......

To do that, you will need to buy an adaptor which is quite expensive.

Anyone can comment whether Macbook Air will suffice or the Macbook Pro is a better buy due to its better specification but limited by only one single port?

Can anyone advise why the Macbook Pro that is customised for SST cost $2,711 while the other one cost only $1,547?
Apple Care and insurance are optional.

Huge difference between the SST's customized Macbook Pro and the normal one at $1547
Look at the comparison chart,
https://www.sapuraglobal.com/images/Comparsionchart.pdf
SST-> I7, Normal ->I5
SST 16gb, Normal -> 8gb ram
SS-> 512GB SSD drive, Normal - >128 gb SSD drive.

Post Reply