School of Science and Technology

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Would your child be applying for SST?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Yes
29%
No, distance is too far
18%
No, no track record yet
53%

Total votes: 17

cgyan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by cgyan » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:05 pm

SST says they will send emails to shortlisted students in mid-Jul. So I guess if by this Friday or next Monday no email means did not pass phase 1.

SunnyTheBunny
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by SunnyTheBunny » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

With reference to other posts in the previous years, shortlisted candidates will be informed from 20 July to 24 July. When I called SST, they said that all of the emails will be sent out by the 28 July.
Good luck to all.
:thankyou:

cgyan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by cgyan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:07 pm

They replied my email said in mid july. Phase 2 has 2 sessions on 28 jul & 4 aug. If reply by 28 jul seems late.

Littlepony
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Littlepony » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:17 am

Yeah, waiting for reply too. So appreciate if any parents receive good news, please share so I have a good idea if selected or not.

SunnyTheBunny
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by SunnyTheBunny » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:06 pm

Below is an extract of the email they have sent.

If you have taken the test before July, you should receive the notification by next Friday (20/7). Otherwise, the notification would come in later. We regret that only shortlisted candidates would be notified via email.

:thankyou:

shirishj
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by shirishj » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:07 pm

That means that the email would come between 20 July and 24 July?
My son took the exam on 1 June and he really wants to know.

schen
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by schen » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:11 am

Hi all,
My kid is P5 this year. Would like to ask if SST first round test is similar to NUSH where the questions are all maths & science Olympiad questions? Thanks in advance

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:32

Post by sky minecrafter » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:27 am

schen wrote:... My kid is P5 this year. Would like to ask if SST first round test is similar to NUSH where the questions are all maths & science Olympiad questions...
Hi, nope (according to hearsay), they're in different realms. NUSH, kids not well-trained in Olympiad MA+SC will know they're not making it after the first round (cos they'd have issues simply understanding the questions). SST questions are manageable but time-consuming; students have to work fast. An observation (this year) is that SSTs curriculum offering interests many & we see strong students (GE centre-school MA+SC grades A*) trying for it.

shirishj
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by shirishj » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:41 am

My son said that he did not do 1 or 2 questions..I hope he really does get in.. anyways, good luck to the rest of parents!

Fern12
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Fern12 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:09 am

Hi parents

Has anyone heard from SST yet regarding the outcome of the written test? I am getting a bit nervous for my son who has his heart set only on SST.

Thanks!