School of Science and Technology

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Would your child be applying for SST?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Yes
29%
No, distance is too far
18%
No, no track record yet
53%

Total votes: 17

myrick88
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:6

Re: School of Science and Technology

Post by myrick88 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:56 pm

Congrats! A big step forward.

Looks like many got through to the 2nd round.

TWU
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by TWU » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:23 pm

yayoi wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:46 pm
Email for 3 Aug camp is out! I just received it!! :D sent out at 2.53pm!
:congrats: :dancing: All the best to your DS too :smile:

Hope other parents/students receive good news soon.

call74
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by call74 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:25 pm

hi all,

those attending today 2nd round, care to share some info?

Nethan Nerella
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Nethan Nerella » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi can anyone tell me what T-scores are considered for the SST SIE from PSLE. I did not get in through DSA. If someone can provide me with the information, it would be much appreciated. Thanks

call74
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by call74 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:10 pm

If you read previous posting somewhere , it’s was 240+

But I am not sure about it

Dodo0808
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Dodo0808 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:00 am

call74 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:25 pm
hi all,

those attending today 2nd round, care to share some info?
The kids were split into group of 4 and allocated a class for the project work. Not sure if topic were the same for every classes. But they were give rubber bands, satay sticks, cardboards, sticky tapes, string & ice cream sticks.

There were 2 Teachers observing them, believe the Teachers handled a couple of classes each.

I think more importantly, the kids should work well with each other, contribute team effort. Whether the project is a success is another matter.

They were also interviewed at the end of the session. Simple scenario and asked them to describe their own experiences from the scernario.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:179

Post by phtthp » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:08 am

To add on ...

last Saturday (27 July) test, quite a lot of P6 students turned up, as it was a very long queue as they registered at the front tables, marked attendance. When you registered your attendance, they informed student what is his (her) group number, before asking students to go upstairs (level 3)

Two batches : one started 8 am, another batch started 11 am.

Is a 2.5 hours test duration.
Those started at 8 am, ended 10.30 am

Those started at 11 am, ended at 1.30 pm

SST put 4 students together, in the same group. They tried to put 2 boys and 2 girls, together in the same group, for interaction purpose. Different group(s) went to different classroom(s), all located on level 3.

Two Teachers are assigned per group, to observe how each student fared, during Science group Performance task. One lady Teacher walked around, from group to group, asking Tr some questions, if everything was ok.

The P6 students were given some material to work upon, using their bare hands, need to build and design something related to some Physical Science concept, & at the end demo to the Two Teachers in their group, whether their product can work.

for the 8 am batch -
the hands-on Performance Task is identical, in terms of build and design same (similar) object, across various groups.
My kid bumped into her tuition-mate plus one more friend along the corridoor from 2 different groups, after 10.30 am ended (was over), and as they were walking down the staircase together, from level 3. The other 2 friends both said they did similar stuff, except that their team mates are different, because SST won't put same primary school students together, in the same group. SST will spread them out, into different groups

However, whether the 11 am batch, did the same identical Performance task as our 8 am group, or different, this : we are not sure. The Performance Task detail, better not discuss here, because there are another two more final Test batches, this coming Saturday (3 August 2019), in case SST didn't change the test question, for the hands-on Performance task

Group interview -
Teachers asked them why do they want to apply, enter SST, and some personal questions like which other schools did you also apply for DSA (besides SST)
Last edited by phtthp on Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

TWU
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by TWU » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:10 pm

Nethan Nerella wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:29 pm
Hi can anyone tell me what T-scores are considered for the SST SIE from PSLE. I did not get in through DSA. If someone can provide me with the information, it would be much appreciated. Thanks
Hi Nethan Nerella,

You may refer to the following link (SST SIE 2018):

https://www.sst.edu.sg/supplementary-in ... -sie-2018/

myrick88
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by myrick88 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:21 pm

phtthp wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:08 am
To add on ...

last Saturday (27 July) test, quite a lot of P6 students turned up, as it was a very long queue as they registered at the front tables, marked attendance. Two batches : one started 8 am, another batch started 11 am.

Is a 2.5 hours test duration.
Those started at 8 am, ended 10.30 am

Those started at 11 am, ended at 1.30 pm

SST put 4 students together, in the same group. They tried to put 2 boys and 2 girls, together in the same group, for interaction purpose. Different group(s) went to different classroom(s), all located on level 3.

Two Teachers are assigned per group, to observe how each student fared, during Science group Performance task. One lady Teacher walked around, from group to group, asking Tr some questions, if everything was ok.

The P6 students were given some material to work upon, using their bare hands, need to design something related to some Physical Science concept, & at the end demo to the Two Teachers in their group, whether their product can work.

Group interview -
Teachers asked them why do they want to apply, enter SST, and some personal questions
Hi Phtthp,

Your kid applied for SST too?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:179

Post by phtthp » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:24 pm

Yes, applied :-)