Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Postby Marble » Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:54 pm

zoey28498 wrote:so...i am going to Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School next year...I hate that school...But i have no choice as my mum only allow me to go schools that are in yishun...I got 226 for PSLE which is super low...:cry: :(
When i look at the forum...Nanyang,Cedar,raffles,singapore chinese girls' school... i felt so sad...so ashamed..

Can i have some feedbacks of this school?(bads and goods are all welcome)

I heard from one of my friend Ahmad Ibrahim is a good school too, they are strong in science.
my friend daughter scored 253 for her psle in 2003, my son got 230, but
my son o level and a level result are much than her daughter, please do not sad, let set it to zero, when you are in the secondary school, just work hard you can be the top student in your sceondary school.

Marble
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School...

Postby zoey28498 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Marble wrote:
zoey28498 wrote:so...i am going to Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School next year...I hate that school...But i have no choice as my mum only allow me to go schools that are in yishun...I got 226 for PSLE which is super low...:cry: :(
When i look at the forum...Nanyang,Cedar,raffles,singapore chinese girls' school... i felt so sad...so ashamed..

I heard from one of my friend Ahmad Ibrahim is a good school too, they are strong in science.
my friend daughter scored 253 for her psle in 2003, my son got 230, but
my son o level and a level result are much than her daughter, please do not sad, let set it to zero, when you are in the secondary school, just work hard you can be the top student in your sceondary school.

Ahmad ibrahim was used to be the best school in yishun..however,when a new principal came in 2005,the aggregate started to drop greatly...from 230++(i think) to 218...Your son must be a very hardworking boy!! Good for him! =)

zoey28498
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby livewith_vanilla » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:20 pm

Heyy girl. I ain't heading for Ahmad Ibrahim, but you know, you did well . 226 isn't a very low score. I'm from the top class of my pri schl(neighbourhood lhh . LOL). I have friends scoring as high as 274(highest) and also friends scoring about 154(other class lhh).
I'm heading for Cedar Girls, you're heading for Ahmad Ibrahim. But there is nothing wrong with going to Ahmad Ibrahim ! There is no need to be ashamed or sad.
I think you should only be ashamed to go Ahmad Ibrahim, if you go there next year,and not work hard !
Secondary School life is the best . You should enjoy sec schl life instead. You know how to? You start off by not saying you hate the school. Maintain a positive outlook, make new friends, and love your sec schl life. Who knows? 4 years down the road, you might be doing great in your studies, scoring better than those in the top schools ! You might be loving your school after a month or two and ready to praise the school.
I'm sure Ahmad Ibrahim isn't a bad school. You just gotta make the best out of your situation . I hope that you will maintain a positive outlook, and grow to love your school. I wish you all the best !

(:

livewith_vanilla
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby justsay » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:20 am

zoey28498 wrote:Ahmad ibrahim was used to be the best school in yishun..however,when a new principal came in 2005,the aggregate started to drop greatly...from 230++(i think) to 218...Your son must be a very hardworking boy!! Good for him! =)

The principal Stephen Chin was VP from RJC before he joined Ahmad Ibrahim. How bad can he be ?
Also the drop in COP was not due to the principal, it was bcos Chung Cheng Yishun started their first year in Yishun and therefore the number of students split into two causing the drop in COP for that year.
Anyway, their COP went back to 220 plus immediately the following year.

justsay
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Vanilla Cake » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:59 am

justsay wrote:
zoey28498 wrote:Ahmad ibrahim was used to be the best school in yishun..however,when a new principal came in 2005,the aggregate started to drop greatly...from 230++(i think) to 218...Your son must be a very hardworking boy!! Good for him! =)

The principal Stephen Chin was VP from RJC before he joined Ahmad Ibrahim. How bad can he be ?
Also the drop in COP was not due to the principal, it was bcos Chung Cheng Yishun started their first year in Yishun and therefore the number of students split into two causing the drop in COP for that year.
Anyway, their COP went back to 220 plus immediately the following year.

Past PSLE COPs for Sec 1 intake via S1 posting (Express course):
Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School (Govt - Mixed)
2010 - ?
2009 - 221
2008 - 223
2007 - 222
2006 - 221
2005 - 220
2004 - 197

Chung Cheng High School (Yishun) (Govt-aided - Mixed)
2010 - 231 (based on feedback from Budo)
2009 - 230
2008 - 230
2007 - 231
2006 - 234
2005 - 230
2004 - 226

Vanilla Cake
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ksasalways » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:54 pm

I personally do not believe that there is any 'bad school'. IMHO, only bad student.

Since you have recognised the need to move UP, put in your effort, do your best, and I believe we will be looking at another top scorer in 4 years from now.

Read / re-read those successful cases from recent N-level. They went thru worse situation but see what they managed to achieve. Read the story of the top scorer...he rocks...

ksasalways
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School

Postby vapouriser » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:32 pm

Based on 2016 COP is 218. Any feedback about this school, beside the recent incident on their O level math paper?

vapouriser
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups