Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
strangequark
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by strangequark » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:58 pm

(deleted)
Last edited by strangequark on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

LLK
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by LLK » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:04 pm

The students leaders must have already done their very best to help parents and Sec 1 girls. Not forgetting that they are young and are still learning.............

Ribbon4
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Ribbon4 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:14 am

1. Anyone knows what are the selection trials and prerequisites for Strings Ensemble CCA?
2. Also, what RA subjects are offered?
3. Does anyone have the school bus service telephone number or the company name?

and if anyone can help, can you please answer my questions on page 126.

TIA. :)

Choco05
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Choco05 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:21 am

Ribbon4 wrote:1. Anyone knows what are the selection trials and prerequisites for Strings Ensemble CCA?
2. Also, what RA subjects are offered?
3. Does anyone have the school bus service telephone number or the company name?

and if anyone can help, can you please answer my questions on page 126.

TIA. :)
Hi,
House prac next year should be on Wed after school. Also, the school has specially reserved a slot for 3rd Lang on fri, so no ccas should fall on that day, unless you have extra trainings or sth like that.

I didn't try for strings, heard you need at least a grade 4 or 5 to be selected. RA sbj are only taken in yr 3/4, sbj offered are every core subject(like math, hist, geog...)but English(lit is offered)

I'm not sure if the school bus service I take goes to where you stay, and anyway I'm not in sg so sorry I don't have the contact with me now.

Nutcracker
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Nutcracker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:49 am

Should we buy the Macbook Pro/Air in school or should we buy the Macs ourselves?

Nutcracker
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Nutcracker » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:51 am

umm my girl is the only one in her school that goes to RGS and she is quite shy as a person, but she will make friends right?

kcym
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by kcym » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:53 am

thank you mummies for the compliments :) we'll make the orientation experience for your girls even better than reporting day! I promise haha :)

anyway, for Ribbon4: for info on prerequisites and selection trials for Strings you can ask the Strings people on CCA Orientation on 3rd Jan :) They would be able to give you more accurate information that any of us here can provide I guess!

Choco05
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Choco05 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:56 am

Nutcracker wrote:umm my girl is the only one in her school that goes to RGS and she is quite shy as a person, but she will make friends right?
Of course she will. I have a few classmates that were the only one from their school too. Even if you have classmates from the same sch, you might end up in different class(like for my case).

There will be ppl to look after your girl(like me),so she's in good hands!

kcym
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by kcym » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Nutcracker wrote:umm my girl is the only one in her school that goes to RGS and she is quite shy as a person, but she will make friends right?
Regarding your macbook question, I'm not sure since they skipped my cohort for this macbook thing. Heard that the school will offer some deal regarding the purchase of the macbooks? i'm using a Macbook pro now though, I would say it's a worthy investment for your girl haha I'm never going back to windows ever.

and don't worry about your girl! if you refer to the file that your girl was given (i think it's in there) there's this thing called Peer Support Programme. Some seniors, student leaders from the Peer Support Board (about 5 to 7, ranging from Year 2 to 4) will be attached to each Sec 1 class for the whole of next year, to check on the class, and conduct activities for the class to bond, for students to make friends. and we usually look out for the quieter ones. :)

there are many seniors to take care of your girl... ;D don't need to worry too much! I was the only one from my school that went to RGS as well. used to be quite shy also, slowly became more outspoken :)

OrangeJuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by OrangeJuice » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:29 pm

is it true that it not compulsory to select a core CCA ? In other words, DD can pick only 1 CCA from non-core category ? Thanks !