Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
Post Reply
friendship
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Nov 25,

Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by friendship » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:40 am

Hi hi thank you for the reply.

Mindset, people call RJ, how abt RGS? is it the mindset they call themselves RG or RGS?

friendship
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Nov 25,

Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by friendship » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:48 am

What is RSP stands for?

Doudoudiandian
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Nov 27,

Re: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by Doudoudiandian » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:42 pm

friendship wrote:What is RSP stands for?
Regional Studies Programme

Kiasu singaporean
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 21,

Re: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by Kiasu singaporean » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:15 pm

Does raffles girls' secondary school offers SAT and AP tests to gain admission into ivy league colleges?

fatal-illuxions
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jan 07,

Re: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by fatal-illuxions » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:15 pm

friendship wrote:Hi hi thank you for the reply.

Mindset, people call RJ, how abt RGS? is it the mindset they call themselves RG or RGS?

Heyy!

RG is like a short form of RGS when people are lazy to say that one more syllable :D much like how some people say SC instead of SCGS, and SN instead of St Nicks, or SJ instead of SJI. etc etc. a very different matter with regards to the RI and RJ thing. (:


friendship
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 582
Joined: Thu Nov 25,

Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by friendship » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:08 pm

why Y4 chemistry practical must buy own test tubes? thought the chem lab is suppose to provide and what is the lab assistant doing the whole day? washing and cleaning laboratories apparatus is part of her/his job scope.

Funx3
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 6668
Joined: Fri Aug 20,

Re: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by Funx3 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:42 pm

friendship wrote:why Y4 chemistry practical must buy own test tubes? thought the chem lab is suppose to provide and what is the lab assistant doing the whole day? washing and cleaning laboratories apparatus is part of her/his job scope.
But ....
My Boy Studying in other Sec Sch Express Stream Also asked to buy Test Tubes in Sec 4 last year ....

Maybe this is an Easily Breakable Item, So instill a Sense of Responsibility to Take Care of own test tubes? Or Past Experience Shown tt too Many Test Tubes R Broken Carelessly? :wink: :wink:

VALyap
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 223
Joined: Sun Nov 27,
Total Likes:4

Re: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by VALyap » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:12 am

friendship wrote:Hi hi thank you for the reply.

Mindset, people call RJ, how abt RGS? is it the mindset they call themselves RG or RGS?

Officially, RJC been changed to RI….. that's the bottom line!

MummySTay
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 1345
Joined: Thu Sep 15,
Total Likes:1

Re: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by MummySTay » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:17 am

The list of year 1 students selected for Math Olympiad training is out.
A total of 36 students altogether and equally represented by both the GEPper and non-GEPper classes. In fact, the most number of representatives comes from 108.

This ought to put to rest some parents' fears that only certain classes are given opportunities to shine. The truth is the opportunities are there, but then again, there are talents everywhere. So not being selected does not equate to no opportunities being provided.

Congratulations to the 36 girls and hope you do the school, your parents and yourselves proud! :smile:

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 11393
Joined: Mon Mar 22,
Total Likes:109

Re: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by jtoh » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:34 am

MummySTay wrote:The list of year 1 students selected for Math Olympiad training is out.
A total of 36 students altogether and equally represented by both the GEPper and non-GEPper classes. In fact, the most number of representatives comes from 108.

This ought to put to rest some parents' fears that only certain classes are given opportunities to shine. The truth is the opportunities are there, but then again, there are talents everywhere. So not being selected does not equate to no opportunities being provided.

Congratulations to the 36 girls and hope you do the school, your parents and yourselves proud! :smile:
Congrats to the girls. :) And I agree with you, MummySTay, on there being opportunities.

Post Reply