Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
MummySTay
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:1

Re: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by MummySTay » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:16 pm

OrangeJuice wrote:hello, i just wanted to post a Thank You note to MummyStay and Tinkerbelle for their advice earlier. I emailed Ms Ong re my CCA queries and to my pleasant surprise, she assisted DD to get into one of her CCA choices. Thank you so much , if not for both of your suggestions, I may not have sent Ms Ong an email and DD may still be in limbo with CCA arrangement.

BTW, wishing everyone here a happy valentine's day :)
You're most welcome, OrangeJuice. :hugs:

So happy for you!
Glad that your DD's CCA issue has been resolved.
So is your DD in the performing arts, UG or sports?

Happy Valentine's Day to you too,
And to everyone else in this thread! :smile:

OrangeJuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by OrangeJuice » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:27 pm

MummySTay wrote:
OrangeJuice wrote:hello, i just wanted to post a Thank You note to MummyStay and Tinkerbelle for their advice earlier. I emailed Ms Ong re my CCA queries and to my pleasant surprise, she assisted DD to get into one of her CCA choices. Thank you so much , if not for both of your suggestions, I may not have sent Ms Ong an email and DD may still be in limbo with CCA arrangement.

So happy for you!

Hi MummyStay,

DD's CCA is none of the above :lol:
Her CCA is one of the clubs :)

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:75

Post by Pen88n » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:26 pm

OrangeJuice wrote:
MummySTay wrote:

So happy for you!

Hi MummyStay,

DD's CCA is none of the above :lol:
Her CCA is one of the clubs :)
Happen to kaypo by this thread and saw the good news. :congrats: to OrangeJuice and DD for getting into preferred CCA! Positive mindset yield positive results! :rahrah:

OrangeJuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:15

Post by OrangeJuice » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:50 pm

Pen88n wrote:
Happen to kaypo by this thread and saw the good news. :congrats: to OrangeJuice and DD for getting into preferred CCA! Positive mindset yield positive results! :rahrah:
awww...that was v kind of you Pen88n !

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:100

Post by iFirefly » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:14 pm

OrangeJuice wrote:
Pen88n wrote:
awww...that was v kind of you Pen88n !
:congrats: to OrangeJuice & DD!!! I also kaypo visit this thread, and saw the good news, like Pen88n!

Maybe, some day, we all should kaypo by DHS thread, and give Pen a surprise visit!!! :wink:

Tinkerbelle
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Tinkerbelle » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:36 am

fix_you wrote:haha I think its just like, for the past 3 years in RGS we've already gotten used to paper handouts and doing not doing work online? All the new platforms- acelearning, moodle, new moodle, inet, edmodo, google groups/google docs, I guess it takes some time getting used to? I believe that to the Sec 1s, they will find it fun and all but for us, as we've already experienced what its like without using IT for lessons and its quite weird to have to change midway so we don't entirely enjoy it...
I completely understand where you're coming from.
After 3 yrs of paper handouts, guess the yr 4s will need some time to adapt to the new platforms of learning & re-condition their learning styles. Hang in there! :rahrah:

Tinkerbelle
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Tinkerbelle » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:43 am

Hi Orange Juice,

You're most welcome. :lol:

:congrats: to you & DD on getting into her CCA of choice. :dancing:
That was the club & society that she really wanted too, right? :boogie:

Tinkerbelle
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Tinkerbelle » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:50 am

Hi,
I was browsing through the 2012 GIRO Deduction Schedule and just realised........ TODAY is the day of deduction of school fees (3 months) & supplementary fees ( 1 semester). :moneyflies: :moneyflies: :moneyflies:

Snow Crystal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

Post by Snow Crystal » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:27 am

Tinkerbelle wrote:Hi,
I was browsing through the 2012 GIRO Deduction Schedule and just realised........ TODAY is the day of deduction of school fees (3 months) & supplementary fees ( 1 semester). :moneyflies: :moneyflies: :moneyflies:
If have EESIS, :moneyflies: :moneyflies: not so heart pain. If don't have, wallet very very pain. Btw for those who do not qualify for EESIS after PSLE, i just learnt that there is another chance in end Secondary 2! It's called Edusave Scholarships for Integrated Programme Schools (ESIP)- same quantum at $2400 and from Year 3 till Jc2 (4years) :wink: :wink:

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:108

Post by jtoh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:33 am

Snow Crystal wrote:
Tinkerbelle wrote:Hi,
If have EESIS, :moneyflies: :moneyflies: not so heart pain. If don't have, wallet very very pain. Btw for those who do not qualify for EESIS after PSLE, i just learnt that there is another chance in end Secondary 2! It's called Edusave Scholarships for Integrated Programme Schools (ESIP)- same quantum at $2400 and from Year 3 till Jc2 (4years) :wink: :wink:
Yes. So remember to work hard in Year 1/2 so you stand a chance of qualifying for ESIP. :)