Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
OrangeJuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:15

Re: Raffles Girls' School (Secondary) [*IP]

Post by OrangeJuice » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:04 am

firefly38 wrote:
OrangeJuice wrote:
Pen88n wrote:
Happen to kaypo by this thread and saw the good news. :congrats: to OrangeJuice and DD for getting into preferred CCA! Positive mindset yield positive results! :rahrah:
awww...that was v kind of you Pen88n !
:congrats: to OrangeJuice & DD!!! I also kaypo visit this thread, and saw the good news, like Pen88n!

Maybe, some day, we all should kaypo by DHS thread, and give Pen a surprise visit!!! :wink:
Thank you to Firely38 too :)

OrangeJuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by OrangeJuice » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:07 am

Tinkerbelle wrote:
OrangeJuice wrote:hello, i just wanted to post a Thank You note to MummyStay and Tinkerbelle for their advice earlier. I emailed Ms Ong re my CCA queries and to my pleasant surprise, she assisted DD to get into one of her CCA choices. Thank you so much , if not for both of your suggestions, I may not have sent Ms Ong an email and DD may still be in limbo with CCA arrangement.

BTW, wishing everyone here a happy valentine's day :)
Hi Orange Juice,

You're most welcome. :lol:

:congrats: to you & DD on getting into her CCA of choice. :dancing:
That was the club & society that she really wanted too, right? :boogie:
yes it is the club that she really wanted so she is really happy, now I tell her she has to do her part and be an active contributor to the club - that is only fair to the teacher i/c as well as her fellow members.

OrangeJuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by OrangeJuice » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:46 am

jtoh wrote:
Snow Crystal wrote:
Tinkerbelle wrote:Hi,
I was browsing through the 2012 GIRO Deduction Schedule and just realised........ TODAY is the day of deduction of school fees (3 months) & supplementary fees ( 1 semester). :moneyflies: :moneyflies: :moneyflies:
If have EESIS, :moneyflies: :moneyflies: not so heart pain. If don't have, wallet very very pain. Btw for those who do not qualify for EESIS after PSLE, i just learnt that there is another chance in end Secondary 2! It's called Edusave Scholarships for Integrated Programme Schools (ESIP)- same quantum at $2400 and from Year 3 till Jc2 (4years) :wink: :wink:
Yes. So remember to work hard in Year 1/2 so you stand a chance of qualifying for ESIP. :)
Hi, can I ask what sort of grades our DDs shld be keeping in order to keep the EESIS for the next 6 yrs ?

Is there a min GPA score they must meet in order for the EESIS to be applicable each yr ?

thank you !

MummySTay
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:1

Post by MummySTay » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:50 pm

OrangeJuice wrote: Hi, can I ask what sort of grades our DDs shld be keeping in order to keep the EESIS for the next 6 yrs ?

Is there a min GPA score they must meet in order for the EESIS to be applicable each yr ?

thank you !
Hi OrangeJuice,
You have asked a very difficult question which I doubt anybody can answer.
Even if you check the MOE website, the answer is very vague.

To continue getting EESIS, "the scholar must make good progress each year" (quoted from MOE website).
The question is, what exactly is good progress?
Hmmmm... :scratchhead:

We'll just have to tell our DDs to work to the best of their abilities...
And hope that is enough. :pray:

Hahaha...I've gone one big circle,
And did not give you any answer.
Sorry...can't help. :smile:

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:108

Post by jtoh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:57 pm

MummySTay wrote:
OrangeJuice wrote: Hi, can I ask what sort of grades our DDs shld be keeping in order to keep the EESIS for the next 6 yrs ?

thank you !
Hi OrangeJuice,

To continue getting EESIS, "the scholar must make good progress each year" (quoted from MOE website).

MummySTay, my understanding's the same as yours so didn't reply. :D Was hoping for someone with more info. :D

OrangeJuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by OrangeJuice » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:43 pm

jtoh wrote:
MummySTay wrote:

thank you !
Hi OrangeJuice,

MummySTay, my understanding's the same as yours so didn't reply. :D Was hoping for someone with more info. :D
MummySTay, thanks anyway ! At least, it would appear that everyone seem to share a similar understanding :smile:

Perhaps whether the student made good enough progress or not would be subjected to his/her relative (rather than absolute) performance.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:237

Post by slmkhoo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:01 pm

OrangeJuice wrote:MummySTay, thanks anyway ! At least, it would appear that everyone seem to share a similar understanding :smile:

Perhaps whether the student made good enough progress or not would be subjected to his/her relative (rather than absolute) performance.
Maybe another way to find out is to ask whether any EESIS recipient has lost the award mid-way and what sort of performance merited that?

Tinkerbelle
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Tinkerbelle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:30 am

Snow Crystal wrote:
Tinkerbelle wrote:Hi,
I was browsing through the 2012 GIRO Deduction Schedule and just realised........ TODAY is the day of deduction of school fees (3 months) & supplementary fees ( 1 semester). :moneyflies: :moneyflies: :moneyflies:
If have EESIS, :moneyflies: :moneyflies: not so heart pain. If don't have, wallet very very pain. Btw for those who do not qualify for EESIS after PSLE, i just learnt that there is another chance in end Secondary 2! It's called Edusave Scholarships for Integrated Programme Schools (ESIP)- same quantum at $2400 and from Year 3 till Jc2 (4years) :wink: :wink:
Very true indeed.

So those that have EESIS, will need to continue to work hard to maintain and those without EESIS, can work hard to get ESIP. :wink:

Tinkerbelle
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Tinkerbelle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:36 am

OrangeJuice wrote:
Tinkerbelle wrote:Hi Orange Juice,

You're most welcome. :lol:

:congrats: to you & DD on getting into her CCA of choice. :dancing:
That was the club & society that she really wanted too, right? :boogie:
yes it is the club that she really wanted so she is really happy, now I tell her she has to do her part and be an active contributor to the club - that is only fair to the teacher i/c as well as her fellow members.
Hi Orange Juice,
I'm sure your DD will give it her 100% since this is what she's really interested in. Have fun!! :wink:

Tinkerbelle
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Tinkerbelle » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi,

Anyone know if the sch library is open on Saturdays?

Thanks! :wink: