Dunman High School [*IP]

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Dunman High School [*IP]

Postby luckystar » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:30 pm

Heard that DHS dsa result out yesterday.

luckystar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Dunman High School

Postby karmeleon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:11 pm

luckystar wrote:Heard that DHS dsa result out yesterday.

Your son applied for DHS, ah?

karmeleon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby luckystar » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:58 pm

no, but my friend's thru sport, I don know his result yet, don dare to ask yet. afraid if he cant make it might be upset. hope he can get thru.

luckystar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby luckystar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:42 am

My friend's son was rejected by DHS, he was so upset. He though it is because of GAT, he said how could a school based on GAT to rejected him. (His school result is really not that good 65% average) I have to be cruel to tell him, it is not only GAT, he has to work hard for his PSLE.

Why he thinks it is GAT failed him ? His cousin also rejected few years back, and he was told he failed GAT. I don know the school had simply gave him a reason or it is true. It sent the wrong information to these kids.

:?

luckystar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby turquoise » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:11 pm

luckystar wrote:My friend's son was rejected by DHS, he was so upset. He though it is because of GAT, he said how could a school based on GAT to rejected him. (His school result is really not that good 65% average) I have to be cruel to tell him, it is not only GAT, he has to work hard for his PSLE.

Why he thinks it is GAT failed him ? His cousin also rejected few years back, and he was told he failed GAT. I don know the school had simply gave him a reason or it is true. It sent the wrong information to these kids.

GAT is an important indicator for schools because it gives them an indication of whether the child will be able to cope with the academic rigours of the school. The school would be doing an injustice to the child if it offered a place to the child based on excellence in sports and disregarded his ability to cope with his studies. The child would be miserable if he can't cope. There have been cases where children admitted under Sports DSA transferred out of top schools because they couldn't cope academically and were miserable.

turquoise
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby luckystar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:55 pm

May be, I am not sure. I know his school result is not good. If he got in, he will be suffer later I am quite sure.

Few years ago, top school entered these kids (top sport winner) do not consider much of their capability to cope with academic, I notice recent year had changed. It is good for the kids actually.

luckystar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby luckystar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:58 pm

Anyone knows how many confirmed and waitlist offer ?

luckystar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby luckystar » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:40 pm

These info can help next years parents too, they may want to know.

luckystar
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby powergrape » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Is the GAT for HCI difficult? Because my child is taking the GAT test this year.

powergrape
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby High-Schooler » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:21 pm

luckystar wrote:My friend's son was rejected by DHS, he was so upset. He though it is because of GAT, he said how could a school based on GAT to rejected him. (His school result is really not that good 65% average) I have to be cruel to tell him, it is not only GAT, he has to work hard for his PSLE.

Wishing him gd luck for his PSLE, then. Hope to c him nxt year in DHS ^^.

High-Schooler
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups