Victoria School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

[POLL] Victoria School

Postby heutistmeintag » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:23 am

Any feedback pls?

heutistmeintag
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby May » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:59 am

Definitely one of the better schools in the east. Its in band 1. Affiliated to VJC, which I think would give you some advantage in the long-run.

May
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Vanilla Cake » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi All,

For Info from VS's website :-> http://vs.moe.edu.sg/

08 Nov 2008 - VS Open House, 9:30am to 1pm

Warmest regards.
:D

Vanilla Cake
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Vanilla Cake » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:28 am

May wrote:Definitely one of the better schools in the east. Its in band 1. Affiliated to VJC, which I think would give you some advantage in the long-run.

One of my younger cousins is taking PSLE this year. VS is one of his consideration. Other than the 2-point bonus for admission to VJC given to VS boys, there seems to be nothing else. From this info coming from a current Sec 3 VS boy, it's not encouraging to hear that about 1/3 of cohort will got VJc thru o-levels. :shock:

Could parents of VS boys or others shed more information about VS ?

Vanilla Cake
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Victoria Junior College [*IP]

Postby daisyt » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:52 am

Hi, saw this on the straits times today about VJC is proposing to MOE to change to IP. Another IP option for students interested in IP if the proposal is successful ....

"VJC, which currently runs a four-year integrated programme admitting students at the Sec 3 level, submitted a proposal to the Ministry of Education about two weeks ago indicating that it hopes to extend its programme to six years, and admit Sec 1 students to the school."

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2B ... 16609.html

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby James Ang » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:41 pm

Indeed breaking news;

I think VJC going IP in sec 1 is effectively closing all doors to Express/Special Stream students' dream of going into a Top 5 JC. Imagine the VS, Anglican High, Cedar, TKGS, TK Sec, Maris Stella, Xinmin, Anderson students' hopes are all dashed when NJC and now VJC goes IP.

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MdmKS » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:42 pm

James Ang wrote:Indeed breaking news;

I think VJC going IP in sec 1 is effectively closing all doors to Express/Special Stream students' dream of going into a Top 5 JC. Imagine the VS, Anglican High, Cedar, TKGS, TK Sec, Maris Stella, Xinmin, Anderson students' hopes are all dashed when NJC and now VJC goes IP.

Why? they can still join them at year 3 wat . They could also join them after 'o' level .

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby turquoise » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:47 pm

MdmKS wrote:

Why? they can still join them at year 3 wat . They could also join them after 'o' level .

I think they're doing away with intakes at Yr 3. At least for NJC. This is the last year they'll conduct intakes at Yr 3. From next year, it'll only be at Yr 1 and Yr 5.

turquoise
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Jennifer » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:21 pm

indeed

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby James Ang » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:33 am

Jennifer wrote:

indeed

PSLE becomes more important, PSLE is the "new O levels" which dishes out top JC postings, and PSLE will get more competitive and important than ever.

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups