Nanyang Girls' High School [*IP]

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
peasants
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:29

Re: Nanyang Girls' High School [*IP]

Post by peasants » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:22 pm

Never hear of such, except for standard hair length check. Wonder what teacher did until girls cry. Better sort out with P.

sob7
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:7

Post by sob7 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:04 am

uniform, hair cut and external accessories is fair game or whatever can be seen on the outside, anything else I feel is OB.
Hope the school can sort it out amicably

Nycity
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Nycity » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:56 am

Hi,

This is bad.

Ganjiongspider
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:9

Post by Ganjiongspider » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:02 am

一场不愉快的"风波"暂时告一个段落。 All NYGH parents should know what I mean. I hope at least after this incident, the whole of this year is a peaceful year.

chiclil
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by chiclil » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:46 am

Have not been active as my elder daughter has graduated but it is really upsetting to be welcomed by this incident for my Sec 1 girl. She is traumatised in this first month.

When the incident is taking place, no other teachers around or students around ?? Why nobody stopped this teacher ? Physical contact on kids are to be taken very seriously. No teachers should be allowed to touch the kids in uniform check.

Measures must be taken to ensure this teacher will never do it again. Without knowing why she does it .. how do we ensure she won’t do it again?

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:333

Post by phtthp » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:24 am

PoopyBear wrote:
students had their undergarment colours checked by the school?
Undergarment can include bra or underwear (panty)

Why check the Girls' undergarment? Some serious incident occurred ?

This Teacher (hired by NYGH) who checked the undergarment - is she not Singaporean ? Heard of Teacher from some country, very strict in checking

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:333

Post by phtthp » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:35 am

chiclil wrote:
Measures must be taken to ensure this teacher will never do it again. Without knowing why she does it .. how do we ensure she won’t do it again?
This question that u asked, is indeed a relevant one. Best addressed by Principal of NYGH - in future, if similar incident were to arise again, how should the Teachers in school, ought to handle the situation

Ganjiongspider
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:9

Post by Ganjiongspider » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:43 am

chiclil wrote:Have not been active as my elder daughter has graduated but it is really upsetting to be welcomed by this incident for my Sec 1 girl. She is traumatised in this first month.

When the incident is taking place, no other teachers around or students around ?? Why nobody stopped this teacher ? Physical contact on kids are to be taken very seriously. No teachers should be allowed to touch the kids in uniform check.

Tbh, are you really the parent of NYGH? If you are, you should know what was done few days ago. And btw, why would you say your Sec 1 girl traumatised? I don't understand. If your dd is Sec 1, all the girls were in the hall few days ago. I will not elaborate here further unless you are not the actual parent from the school.

Our girls are being assured. CASE CLOSED!

myteapot
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:8

Post by myteapot » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:07 am

DH and myself were at the Sec 4 PTM last Friday. Before starting the intended agenda, the P addressed the incident to all the parents. She gave a rundown of what happened and acknowledged that the action is definitely not acceptable and apologized for what happened. At least for ourselves, we were glad the P addressed the issue foremost.

As for the teacher involved, we do not know her personally but through the few interactions we’ve had with her through the past years, we could sense she genuinely cares for the girls.

We do not understand the teacher’s actions in the recent incident. But everyone makes mistakes. The school has acknowledged the mistake and apologized. We are willing to end this chapter and move on. I hope the other parents will too.

Spindle Fire
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Spindle Fire » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:04 pm

Hello parents, I am a Sec 1 student from Nanyang, so I can and only speak on the behalf of the Sec 1 cohort.
Actually, our class was not spot checked in a way that was traumatizing for us. Nails, hair, shoe colour, hong zi, and such. Our form teacher did not come into physical contact with any of us and altogether I found it normal.
However during the assembly some of the upper secondary students spoke about some of traumatizing moments for them and the school is doing their best to resolve the issues.
Please do not believe the wild rumours flying about on the Internet.