Nanyang Girls' High School [*IP]

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
peasants
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:11

Re: Nanyang Girls' High School [*IP]

Post by peasants » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:47 am

sob7 wrote:
bboomer71 wrote:Hi sob7,

So your girl is in Rgs? Thank you for your good wishes! Both are really good schools. For us, distance was the main factor.

Old already. Kids all in sec school. Even 'know' some fellow forummers after following them over the years... Time to focus on myself, let go in some ways and help the kids in different ways, as they go through teenagehood. All the best to your girl too!!
Yes, DD chose her school and she is also enjoying it.
Lucky you can focus on yourself now, I have another one O level this year so more guidance and behind the scene work. :stupid: :slapshead:
Same leh, elder one taking O level Chinese in June I think.

sob7
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by sob7 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:27 pm

peasants wrote:
sob7 wrote:[
Yes, DD chose her school and she is also enjoying it.
Lucky you can focus on yourself now, I have another one O level this year so more guidance and behind the scene work. :stupid: :slapshead:
Same leh, elder one taking O level Chinese in June I think.
LOL 同命相连啊!
Elder one need more help than younger one :torchme:

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:109

Post by lee_yl » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:03 pm

With RGS parents chatting here, I thought I entered the wrong school thread! :laugh:

Hi, any experienced parents can advise how to get rid of Chinese calligraphy ink on the uniform? My sec 1 girl kena 4 dots across her white skirt during CNY eve 挥春. We soaked the skirt but those dots are still there :? and it is heart aching to discard the new uniform. :cry:

Song22
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:14

Post by Song22 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:59 pm

lee_yl wrote:With RGS parents chatting here, I thought I entered the wrong school thread! :laugh:

Hi, any experienced parents can advise how to get rid of Chinese calligraphy ink on the uniform? My sec 1 girl kena 4 dots across her white skirt during CNY eve 挥春. We soaked the skirt but those dots are still there :? and it is heart aching to discard the new uniform. :cry:
Oh no, I doubt it can be removed :sweat:

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:183

Post by phtthp » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:04 pm

lee_yl wrote:
maybe try using turpentine (turpentine is alcohol, can buy one bottle of turpentine around $1.50, from those "wu jin dian" store), rub over the black ink calligraphy spots first. In case the ink stain not absorbed by alcohol, try rubbing stain with a mixture of white vinegar or water and baking soda. Allow the fabric to absorb the mixture and then rub with tooth brush.

mommyNg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:31

Post by mommyNg » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:32 pm

phtthp wrote: maybe try using turpentine (turpentine is alcohol, can buy one bottle of turpentine around $1.50, from those "wu jin dian" store), rub over the black ink calligraphy spots first. In case the ink stain not absorbed by alcohol, try rubbing stain with a mixture of white vinegar or water and baking soda. Allow the fabric to absorb the mixture and then rub with tooth brush.
:salute:

Maybe some more of the tips recommended in the link below would work (some already mentioned by phtthp; and ignore the commercial products...)
https://www.art-is-fun.com/remove-ink-stains/

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by lee_yl » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:37 pm

Song22 wrote:
lee_yl wrote:With RGS parents chatting here, I thought I entered the wrong school thread! :laugh:

Oh no, I doubt it can be removed :sweat:
Oh no! But it’s so new! :cry:

If all fails, wondering should I just discard it or continue to let her wear...

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by lee_yl » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:40 pm

phtthp wrote:
lee_yl wrote:
maybe try using turpentine (turpentine is alcohol, can buy one bottle of turpentine around $1.50, from those "wu jin dian" store), rub over the black ink calligraphy spots first. In case the ink stain not absorbed by alcohol, try rubbing stain with a mixture of white vinegar or water and baking soda. Allow the fabric to absorb the mixture and then rub with tooth brush.
Thanks, I have alcohol swabs at home. Later I try.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:165

Post by floppy » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:23 am

lee_yl wrote:
phtthp wrote:
lee_yl wrote:
Thanks, I have alcohol swabs at home. Later I try.
Just a point to note:
Turpentine is NOT alcohol.

Though they share some similar characteristics, they are different chemical compound meant for different purposes.

You will need alcohol to clean off the ink stains. Alcoholic swaps work if the stain is only a small drop, anything more or bigger, you will need to use rubbing alcohol (aka isopropyl alcohol). You can buy them from a pharmacy.

In case you aren’t share what to do with the balance of the alcohol, you can also spray it (undiluted) on your bed mattress to remove / prevent bed bugs, or mix it with Aloe Vera gel to make your own sanitizer, or make your own antiseptic wipe, or use it in massage to promote blood circulation. Alternatively, you can donate it to me :wink:

Mamalemon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Mamalemon » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:24 pm

If it is not too obvious, just let her wear the uniform on days she has art, lab lessons ba... haha. Stains are inevitable...