Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) [*IP]

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Re: Anglo-Chinese School (Independent) [*IP]

Postby yuki2010 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Hi everyone,

My nephew did badly for his Math mid year exam. Like failed badly 42%. Is it normal to fail once in a major exam? Or he is exceptioanlly weak?

A bit worried.

yuki2010
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Ribbon Bear » Fri May 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Heard the Math paper was exceptionally tough...

Ribbon Bear
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby yuki2010 » Fri May 19, 2017 6:23 pm

Ribbon Bear wrote:Heard the Math paper was exceptionally tough...

Hi Ribbon Bear,

Thank you for reply. Normally what is the average like? My blur nephew says he does not know. :sweat:

yuki2010
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby AngiePang » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:09 pm

Hi! My son finished year 6 last year and I'm clearing out some of his stuff. Found a brand new PE T-shirt (bought from BIBI & BABA) Size XL. Giving away free. Anyone interested?

AngiePang
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)

Postby cookiemonster101 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:45 pm

Hi, I have questions regarding the DSA application for ACSI Year 5 IBDP.
For my achievements, I primarily excel mostly in my languages and the arts, typically winning national writing competitions and SYF Art, which got me an interview with Channel News Asia. I also have experiences in Model United Nations. However, I am not particularly strong in my Maths and Sciences. For my Sec 4 MYE L1R5, I only got 10 points after deducting CCA points. Is that pretty mediocre or just right? For leadership, I am the current Vice President of ELDDS in my school, and I am also the school's ambassador. Previously in primary school, I was the Head Prefect. I also typically win the yearly Edusave awards. My only concern is my L1R5 and the fact that I do not really participate in any Math/Science Olympiads :( What are the chances of me getting in? Would love to get any useful tips and advices! :)

cookiemonster101
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Siva101 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:40 pm

Is the year 3 dsa interview only for shortlisted students( other schools )?

Siva101
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby foxy » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:07 pm

hello all,

My DS will join ACS(I) express on sec 3 in 2018. A bit worry because my DS will have to take MTL (malay). We are from indonesia. Any thought/idea?

thanks in advance :)

foxy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Allswell » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:56 am

I would appreciate your feedback on tamil as second language in the IB program. There seems to be quite abit of mandarin materials for IB preparation but I can't find any tamil self help or assessment books in the bookstore for the tamil standard IB program. Firstly Where can I find materials for Tamil? Secondly if the child is scoring about 60 - 70 at MTL in primary school, is it easy to cope for IB? What is the standard like? And how do you think the child can prepare for it? Thanks.

Allswell
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

IB final result compared to ACS(I) prelim results?

Postby kandc » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Hello, ACS(I) Yr6 students just obtained their school prelim results today as on Sept 28, 2017. The final IB will be in coming Nov.
Does any one in this forum know how many more points could the Yr6 students gain at the final IB exam compared to their prelim results, generally speaking? This is based on the assumption that their school prelim is more difficult. Wanna to have some guess :-)

kandc
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Siva101 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:38 am

Does anyone know when the ACS(I) Year 3 DSA results will be out? Or are they out already?

Siva101
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres