Maris Stella High School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
S-H
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by S-H » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Skyjuice wrote:
So far I've only seen the offer of S1 Entreprenuer Program in June. Really appreciative that they inform us early of such programs. I wonder are there other programs or classes/ supps to call them back to school in June? Would 3rd wk of Jun be a good time to go away?[/quote]

Hi Skyjuice, I'm glad to learn that you boy is my son's classmate. Is the S1 Entreprenuer Program in June useful for the boy? My boy is not able to attend bcos we are going away on the 1st wk of the holiday. Moreover, regarding the EL common test on the 28 Feb, is it tested only on the composition?

skyjuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by skyjuice » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:29 am

Hi Skyjuice, I'm glad to learn that you boy is my son's classmate. Is the S1 Entreprenuer Program in June useful for the boy? My boy is not able to attend bcos we are going away on the 1st wk of the holiday. Moreover, regarding the EL common test on the 28 Feb, is it tested only on the composition?
Really? How do you know our boys are classmates? You can PM me on that if you prefer :D. My son has been interested in doing business since younger so he's keen on the Entreprenuer Program. From the outline, this program seems interesting.

Not sure if compo is tested in Common Test. According to timetable, EL is 26th Feb, 1 hr only. 28th is Sunday.

S-H
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by S-H » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:56 pm

oh dear, see how blurr I am. The EL common test is on the 26 Feb. Your son is in 1C right? I had read your earlier posting in the forum. :lol:

blitz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by blitz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:34 pm

S-H wrote:oh dear, see how blurr I am. The EL common test is on the 26 Feb. Your son is in 1C right? I had read your earlier posting in the forum. :lol:
Good to know another 1C parent!

For the upcoming test on 26th Friday, the boys go home immediately after that right?

cyberpie
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Anyone in 1D?

Post by cyberpie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:14 am

Anyone who has a DS in Sec 1D?

There is a student there who is fairly disruptive and mischievous ... and I just want to know if my DS is the only victim of his antics ...

ooptimizer
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by ooptimizer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 am

Why don't you speak to the teacher about this?

skyjuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Anyone in 1D?

Post by skyjuice » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 am

Anyone's boys entered MS via DSA? Applying to MS this yr with bowling for my second boy. Just wondering if there's anything we should be aware of. How many vacancies available for DSA etc?

MintLeaf
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by MintLeaf » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:00 pm

blitz wrote:For the upcoming test on 26th Friday, the boys go home immediately after that right?
Yes, they do. However, on the last CA day, the schedule would revert to normal.
cyberpie wrote:There is a student there who is fairly disruptive and mischievous ... and I just want to know if my DS is the only victim of his antics ...
I agree with ooptimizer. You may want to probe/bring up the matter during the meet-the-parent session after CA.
skyjuice wrote:Anyone's boys entered MS via DSA? Applying to MS this yr with bowling for my second boy. Just wondering if there's anything we should be aware of. How many vacancies available for DSA etc?
I know of one case where the child got in through DSA, but his T-score placed him in the Normal stream. There was nothing the school could do to help him. He eventually went to Sports School.

skyjuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by skyjuice » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:27 pm

skyjuice wrote:Anyone's boys entered MS via DSA? Applying to MS this yr with bowling for my second boy. Just wondering if there's anything we should be aware of. How many vacancies available for DSA etc?
I know of one case where the child got in through DSA, but his T-score placed him in the Normal stream. There was nothing the school could do to help him. He eventually went to Sports School.[/quote]

Anyone has anything about MS's bowling CCA to share, besides the fact that need to pay per training session? Yes, entry via DSA must meet the Express requirement.

S-H
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by S-H » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:48 pm

Good to know another 1C parent!

For the upcoming test on 26th Friday, the boys go home immediately after that right?
Oh its great to know that your boy also in 1C! Nice to know you. On Friday, the boys will go home after the test, same as Monday, but on Tuesday, they have to continue with lessons bcos the test ended only at 9.10am. Regarding the parents-teacher meet, is the principal talk necessary to attend? I wonder what the principal will talk about? Anyhow, I have to attend to the younger one at home and I don't think I have time to attend the talk.[/quote]