Maris Stella High School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
S-H
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by S-H » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Blitz wrote:
Good to know another 1C parent!

For the upcoming test on 26th Friday, the boys go home immediately after that right?
[/quote]

Oh its great to know that your boy also in 1C! Nice to know you. On Friday, the boys will go home after the test, same as Monday, but on Tuesday, they have to continue with lessons bcos the test ended only at 9.10am. Regarding the parents-teacher meet, is the principal talk necessary to attend? I wonder what the principal will talk about? Anyhow, I have to attend to the younger one at home and I don't think I have time to attend the talk.

blitz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by blitz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:08 pm

MintLeaf wrote:
blitz wrote:For the upcoming test on 26th Friday, the boys go home immediately after that right?
Yes, they do. However, on the last CA day, the schedule would revert to normal.
S-H wrote:Oh its great to know that your boy also in 1C! Nice to know you. On Friday, the boys will go home after the test, same as Monday, but on Tuesday, they have to continue with lessons bcos the test ended only at 9.10am
Thanks Mintleaf and S-H for the confirmation.

MintLeaf
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by MintLeaf » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:53 pm

blitz wrote:Thanks Mintleaf and S-H for the confirmation.
You are welcome. :D Hope all S1 parents' accounts are working now. You should be able to see the result page set up properly now. The results are already trickling in for my DS. In Studywiz, I also see lots of materials to review.

blitz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by blitz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Oh boy, oh boy. Some of the CT results are up on admin breeze. :cry:

blablayeax
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

?

Post by blablayeax » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:33 pm

.sorry wrong forum

blitz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

PTM

Post by blitz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Any parents received the timing for meeting with the teachers? Do we go direct to the classroom?

skyjuice
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: PTM

Post by skyjuice » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:24 am

blitz wrote:Any parents received the timing for meeting with the teachers? Do we go direct to the classroom?
I've not received anything at all. Do the boys need to report to school on Fri for classes at all? I understand, the boys are supposed to be at the PTM with us.

Does the school have a fix day for weekly notification? It's confusing not knowing which day to expect it.

S-H
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by S-H » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:40 am

My boy was given a timing yesterday. I think there'll be classes on Fri bcos there is no notification from the teachers. The boys need to be with us during the PTM however I heard my boy said that the PTM starts at 12.30pm which they are still having lesson. We are wondering how the boys are going to join their parents during that time![/quote] :?

blitz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by blitz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:57 pm

S-H wrote:My boy was given a timing yesterday. I think there'll be classes on Fri bcos there is no notification from the teachers. The boys need to be with us during the PTM however I heard my boy said that the PTM starts at 12.30pm which they are still having lesson. We are wondering how the boys are going to join their parents during that time!
:?[/quote]

Havent gotten any timing yet. And ds told me to go between 2.15-3.30pm. I won't be able to make it any earlier, coz on half day leave. MSHS don't seem to dissapate their info properly.

One peeve I have is the Geography notes. The photocopied notes have certain sections that are so dark, you can't even read anything. And mind you, these are notes we pay for.

S-H
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by S-H » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:02 pm

blitz wrote: Havent gotten any timing yet. And ds told me to go between 2.15-3.30pm. I won't be able to make it any earlier, coz on half day leave. MSHS don't seem to dissapate their info properly.

One peeve I have is the Geography notes. The photocopied notes have certain sections that are so dark, you can't even read anything. And mind you, these are notes we pay for.
Ask your ds to look at the list on the notice board in the classroom.He may find the time allocated to the students for the PTM. As for the Geog notes, I agreed with you. Some sections are so... dark that I decided to throw them aside and asked my boy to read his own guide book before the CT. Furthermore, my boy told me that the Geography's teacher skipped some topics in the textbook and asked them to do the workbook which contained questions that the teacher has not teached. So now, we don't know whether these topics that the teacher skipped are included in the syllabus.