Temasek Junior College [*IP]

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Temasek Junior College [*IP]

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:38 pm

This is the Parents' Networking Group for Temasek Junior College.

If your child is in this school, come introduce yourself to other parents in this school and network with each other. Share tips, on-going news and alerts and discuss issues pertaining to the school.
[/i]

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Temasek Academy Open House

Postby sciencer » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:07 am

sciencer
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby tulipgarden » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:46 pm

This thread has been so quiet.
Would like to hear some feedback from parents with kids in Temasek JC.
Many thanks in advance for your inputs. :D

tulipgarden
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Galant » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Any Parents whose kids are in this TA Programmes? Pls share your experience. Though VIP is a more popular choice, I heard TA is also not bad. Thanks alot

Galant
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby prancingpony » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Yes please, for parents whose children are with Temasek Academy, do share with us some info. How has it been for your kids?

prancingpony
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Temasek Academy

Postby Galant » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:21 pm

prancingpony wrote:Yes please, for parents whose children are with Temasek Academy, do share with us some info. How has it been for your kids?

My DS just joined TA this year. So far (2 weeks old;-)) she is very happy and mentioned that all her teachers are very good, knowledge wise , passion and teaching method. She can finally see the difference between a JC Teacher and a secondary school teacher now. The progtramme is also rigorous, chinese test every Friday and homeworks and project starting to come in...

She enjoyed her orientation and the vibrancy of the JC and classmates are an eye opener to her.

On the downside from parent perspective, the school is not so strict as they treat you as little adult. I guess we have to keep an eye on DS in case she can manage the sudden freedom..

Overall, no regrets.

Galant
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Temasek Junior College [*IP]

Postby jhansolo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:13 am

My girl have not been called up for the interview, so I guessed she was not good enough.

jhansolo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby DanceGal123 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi all, I'm secondary one this yr, and I'm very very interested to join Temasek Academy!!! My results are not bad now, average like 79.5, and im stronger in Math and Science.... My current school is like one of the top in singapore (excl.IP schs) , i guess... n my PSLE score is like 252...., Im a prefect now n Im in Dance.... Can anyone like share ur experience or more of ur daughters' experiences here n show me examples of the aptitude n academic tests questions they ask for the auditions.... Cos I really wanna get in but I m quite afraid about the tests they set, is it very hard?? n I also wanna see if the learning culture is suitable for me....
TIA....sry for the long post :smile: :boogie: :wink:

DanceGal123
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Temasek JC *IP*

Postby JanePang » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I live in the East and am looking at Temasek JC's 6-year IP programme which will start in 2013. I understand that they have been offering the 4-year IP since 2005 and their students have done very well in the A-level examinations.

This year, one of their IP students was one of Singapore's top scorers; she was one of 5 or 6 students in the country to offer 13 AUs (Academic Units).

Does anyone have kids studying at Temasek JC and could they share their experiences please - culture, academic, CCAs etc.?

Thanks!

JanePang
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby rylee » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:26 am

Anyone going for temasek jc open house tomorrow? Any ideas will there be any talks or briefing from the principal?

Thanks.

rylee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups