CHIJ St Nicholas Girls' Secondary

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

CHIJ St Nicholas Girls' Secondary

Postby KiWee » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:11 pm

Hi, any parents who have daughters in St Nicholas Sec. The school will be relocated to Toa Payoh Lor 1 for 2 years 2010-2011.

KiWee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls' School

Postby annabeth » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:15 pm

My daughter and I are seriously considering putting CHIJ St. Nicks as our first choice. She qualifies for it by over 10 points.

Does anybody have any reviews or have their daughters studying in this school? How is the workload like and are there many snobby girls in this school? Is the standard high? What is the school and its students' public image like? How does the uniform look like and is it comfortable? (just asking)

Lastly, this does not matter to us but does the school have a high prestige level? Anyone else sending their kids to St Nicks?

annabeth
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: CHIJ St. Nicholas Girls' School

Postby VitoRelax » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:44 pm

annabeth wrote:My daughter and I are seriously considering putting CHIJ St. Nicks as our first choice. She qualifies for it by over 10 points.

Does anybody have any reviews or have their daughters studying in this school? How is the workload like and are there many snobby girls in this school? Is the standard high? What is the school and its students' public image like? How does the uniform look like and is it comfortable? (just asking)

Lastly, this does not matter to us but does the school have a high prestige level? Anyone else sending their kids to St Nicks?

Congrats, your girl get a good result.

My friend has 2 daughters there & both of them told me that it is an excellent school. When talking to them, I can see that she spoke with confidence & respectful. Also, character & intellectual reasonings are very good.

She said the teachers in the school make the lessons in school enjoyable but she didn't mention about the amount of homework. So, I assume she can cope.

Hope this help.

VitoRelax
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mew2 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:16 pm

They are shifting to a temp site for 2 years
could shifting of sites be any of yur consideration?
temp facilities, temp environment and being 'settled' :?

mew2
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby annabeth » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:21 pm

thank you both for your valuable information so far. =)

hi mew2, i don't think the relocation would affect my daughter that much as I hear the holding school isn't too bad either...unless I hear wrongly?

annabeth
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby VitoRelax » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:57 am

annabeth wrote:thank you both for your valuable information so far. =)

hi mew2, i don't think the relocation would affect my daughter that much as I hear the holding school isn't too bad either...unless I hear wrongly?

Yes, I agree. I think the relocation should not be a factor in our decision making on which school to go. Even with a holding school, the teachers & programme & fellow peers are the same.

From the 2 students I spoke to & seeing how they have developed into a person who shown so much confidence & respectful to elders, I am convinced that this is a good school that not only develop your thinking & oral skills but most importantly your character building.

All the best to you & your daughter ...

VitoRelax
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mrswongtuition » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:41 pm

Just a thought after teaching at 2 schools which were at holding schools. As long as your child is not at the holding school during 'O' Level year, I think it's fine.

Bear with the holding site for 2 years in lower sec and get nice new facilities when you shift back in upper sec is great!

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

St Nicholas Holding Sch

Postby KiWee » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:52 pm

My girl will be at the holding sch in TP till her O levels. Last Wed was their official move out day. Have gone to the sch to take a look. It is a condusive environment, with the necessary facilities. I think the sch spirit will still be with the students and teachers. No worries.

KiWee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

St Nicholas' Workload

Postby KiWee » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:00 pm

During the first Sec 1 year, my girl has problem coping with sch work esp loads of projects to be done. Eventually after 3/4 year, she managed them with breeze. But its normal for all Sec 1s in all sch to feel overwhelmed. This year my girl worked very hard for all her exams and she managed to get into the subj combi that she wanted. She also requested to have tuition so that she can get good grades for O level. Its very heart warming to know that she has the initiative to work hard. I thank the sch for doing a great job in nurturing them.

KiWee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: St Nicholas Holding Sch

Postby mrswongtuition » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:36 pm

KiWee wrote:My girl will be at the holding sch in TP till her O levels. Last Wed was their official move out day. Have gone to the sch to take a look. It is a condusive environment, with the necessary facilities. I think the sch spirit will still be with the students and teachers. No worries.

Which school was previously at the holding site?
There's alot of factors when moving to holding site. Admin staff and teachers also need time to adapt. And when it's almost time to move back, everyone will be very busy planning for the big move.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups