Yishun Town Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
happiest
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Yishun Town Secondary School

Post by happiest » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:36 am

hi everyone, my son just finished O levels and he did very well for his O levels. I recall the hours the teachers spent last year in motivating and pushing the Sec 4 cohort. I am so proud to say my son went to YTSS.

jkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by jkids » Thu May 19, 2016 1:36 pm

Hi

I was ytss alumus. ytss 1st came into limelight in 1991 wen one student scored 8 A1s during O Level. tat was really big news then. however there was a period of time whereby the sch did not do well academically, but its good to know tat it is doing well.

aww.. back to main topic..now about time to look at the schools around yishun for my ds who will be doing PSLE next year.

Would like to find out ...
1. wats the subject combination they offer now? eg any biology?
2. so far, outside, I see the students quite well behaved, attire are also proper. any comments of their behaviour? especially those with children studying there?
3. I am oso looking at chung cheng (yishun). any way to make comparision between this 2 schools? any feedback?

thank you.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:45

Post by sembgal » Thu May 19, 2016 2:55 pm

jkids wrote:Hi

I was ytss alumus. ytss 1st came into limelight in 1991 wen one student scored 8 A1s during O Level. tat was really big news then. however there was a period of time whereby the sch did not do well academically, but its good to know tat it is doing well.

aww.. back to main topic..now about time to look at the schools around yishun for my ds who will be doing PSLE next year.

Would like to find out ...
1. wats the subject combination they offer now? eg any biology?
2. so far, outside, I see the students quite well behaved, attire are also proper. any comments of their behaviour? especially those with children studying there?
3. I am oso looking at chung cheng (yishun). any way to make comparision between this 2 schools? any feedback?

thank you.

Open House on 15 July 2.30pm. One of the best sec schools in Yishun.

Jaydazzlerz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Jaydazzlerz » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:05 pm

My wife was an Alumni and we badly wanted my son to get into YTSS due to its excellent reputation. He was struggling in Pri sch but managed to boost himself up to get into Express at PSLE but we opted for him to join YTSS at NA and have no regrets. He loves the school and convienient location and support from the teachers have been fantastic. He is now 1 of the top students in the level. Where else his frens who went to Express in other less reputable schs are now slacking off. Alot of character moulding is also positively presented by YTZens wherever i see them. Highly recommended!

babycutie71
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by babycutie71 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:25 pm

Jaydazzlerz,
May I ask what TScore your son scored that make you decide to let him attend NA in YTSS instead of Exp in another school?

wonder mom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by wonder mom » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:52 pm

My daughter is joining ytss school, this year. I had a little idea about this school, when I put this as top choice among o level schools. Now i am happy that i have chosen this school. The teachers are really caring.
I had some problem with my dds hmt choice. I informed about this to mother tongue hod. In spite of not having hmt in the school (they only have chinese hmt here), the mother tongue hod took pains to call our language centre, email them (2 centers) about our requirement, send me a letter from principal, and update about the things thro email, to me. I had talked to her only once and she took the action on the same day itself. I am really very happy about this.

Yrsincere
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Yrsincere » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Anyone from Yishun Town Secondary School?
Any comment on the schools in term of academics, disciplines, teachers etc?

wonder mom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by wonder mom » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:53 pm

My daughter is in ytss, sec 1. I love the teachers here. They are quick to spot out the talents in students and encourage them. When my dd had some problem with her classmates, the form teacher found it before the news reached me and solved the issue. Principal is a wonderful lady, who likes to mingle with kids and parents. Discipline wise they are more strict. Once I saw the discipline master talking with the late comers and realised why my dd was always early to school. academic wise also the school is good.

Rae4kids
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Rae4kids » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Contemplating YTSS as one of our 6 choices. Any current student or parent can list down the pros and cons of the school?

leongheng70
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by leongheng70 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:22 pm

My DS got 181, will he be eligible to go to Yishun Town NA?