Bukit Panjang Government High School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Bukit Panjang Government High School

Postby millan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:11 pm

Hi,

Need advice on BPGH .

is it good ? we stay in west. BPGH is the nearest..

Am choosing btw BPGH/SJI/ACS(I).

My kid can qualify for BP and SJI, ACS (I) slightly below. ..

BTW, why is it that eligibility for 3rd language does not mean you can choose all 3rd languages?

Thks

millan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: BPGH

Postby Fairy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:02 pm

millan wrote:Hi,

Need advice on BPGH .

is it good ? we stay in west. BPGH is the nearest..

Am choosing btw BPGH/SJI/ACS(I).

My kid can qualify for BP and SJI, ACS (I) slightly below. ..

BTW, why is it that eligibility for 3rd language does not mean you can choose all 3rd languages?

Thks


Hi Millan,

BPGH is no doubt a good school. The students are well behave & the school is nearest to your place.

In terms of history, SJI & ACS(I) are richer in. I have high regard for SJI.
For ACS (I), are you refering to their IP? If so, then of course IP is more superior then the 4-yr programme.

3rd Lang - what do you mean by not able to choose all languages available? Should not be. There should be 3 categories:

CAT 1 : Malay Special Programme
CAT 2 : Arabic or Bahasa Indonesia
CAT 3 : French, Japanese & German

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: BPGH

Postby millan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:07 pm

Fairy wrote:Hi Millan,

BPGH is no doubt a good school. The students are well behave & the school is nearest to your place.

In terms of history, SJI & ACS(I) are richer in. I have high regard for SJI.
For ACS (I), are you refering to their IP? If so, then of course IP is more superior then the 4-yr programme.

3rd Lang - what do you mean by not able to choose all languages available? Should not be. There should be 3 categories:

CAT 1 : Malay Special Programme
CAT 2 : Arabic or Bahasa Indonesia
CAT 3 : French, Japanese & German



Hi Fairy,

Sorry, you mean SJI and ACS (I) is richer in what? I also preferSJI. But distance is a consideration...

For 3rd language, my friend's daughter was not offered Cat 3, only 1 and 2 which I feel abit unjust, or was it Cat 3 is more ex..

millan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby mathsparks » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:30 pm

At the risk of incurring the wrath of many forummers :P , I'll say one more time that BPGHS is the best school in the west.

This year alone, they were the champion team in National Science Challenge beating RI and NUSH. Also champion in the robogladiators competition.

Check out their achievement here: Click on Science. http://www.bpghs.moe.edu.sg/sch_achieve.php

PS: I shall repeat 1 more time that my siblings and I (5 of us) are proud alumni of the school. :rahrah:

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: BPGH

Postby turquoise » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:51 pm

millan wrote:Hi Fairy,

Sorry, you mean SJI and ACS (I) is richer in what? I also preferSJI. But distance is a consideration...

For 3rd language, my friend's daughter was not offered Cat 3, only 1 and 2 which I feel abit unjust, or was it Cat 3 is more ex..


With regard to third language, Cat 3 foreign languages are only offered to those who are ranked top 10% of cohort.

turquoise
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 7:34 am
Total Likes: 0



Postby millan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:53 pm

mathsparks wrote:At the risk of incurring the wrath of many forummers :P , I'll say one more time that BPGHS is the best school in the west.

This year alone, they were the champion team in National Science Challenge beating RI and NUSH. Also champion in the robogladiators competition.

Check out their achievement here: Click on Science. http://www.bpghs.moe.edu.sg/sch_achieve.php

PS: I shall repeat 1 more time that my siblings and I (5 of us) are proud alumni of the school. :rahrah:


Hi,

5 siblings, so likely not this generation :D May I know how are the current children behaving in BPGH? Hope I'm not asking an overboard qn... :oops:

millan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby mathsparks » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:04 am

of course not this generation la. but previous one. dont know much about current batch, coz i dont stay in that neighbourhood. I recently contacted my A Maths teacher who's still there inspiring kids. *see? I'm not so old*

She's the best teacher anyone could ever have...very patient and detailed in her explanations.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby millan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:02 am

mathsparks wrote:of course not this generation la. but previous one. dont know much about current batch, coz i dont stay in that neighbourhood. I recently contacted my A Maths teacher who's still there inspiring kids. *see? I'm not so old*

She's the best teacher anyone could ever have...very patient and detailed in her explanations.


You very cute , I see you 'advertisting' BPGH every where.. :lol: .

I am now choosing SJI amd BPGH.. still cannot decide....

The considerations:
1) Capabilities/Prestige, Not sure i will be chided... :idea:
2) Environment (one is pure E and One is not)
2) Distance
3) Fee

millan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:48 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby mathsparks » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:31 am

:oops: :oops: must yin shui si yuan! Next year at the school anniv celebration, we'll book 1 table for entire family of parents/siblings/spouses. :wink:

PS: I also support TKGS (my girl's alma matar) and RI (speaks for itself..no need to advertise)

PPS: But to be honest, when I first started working, I was kinda embarassed to tell ppl I was from that kampung school.. not prestigious at all. But this is no longer the case. Now I go round telling ppl that BPGHS is the best school in the West.

PPS: I even emailed the current principal for not prominently announcing the school's fantastic achievements on their home page. How can they expect ppl to click achievements then science. tsk tsk tsk.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby mathsparks » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:49 am

bearkoor/cckian, where are you? Shouldnt you be here helping to convince parents too!

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups