Nan Hua High School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Nan Hua High School

Postby VCJY » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi all , my daughter plans to go to Nan Hua High School but there seems to have no private bus operators going there in the morning to ferry students. Anyone know of any private bus operators going to NHHS/NUS High? Help Here![/quote]

VCJY
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby poohandtigger » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:15 pm

What is studying NHHS like? Are there any current or past students / parents around that can throw some light? I heard there will be a new principal next year. Is it true?

poohandtigger
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby fxchow » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:32 am

poohandtigger wrote:What is studying NHHS like? Are there any current or past students / parents around that can throw some light? I heard there will be a new principal next year. Is it true?

Hi,

Yup, it is true according to the students there and the new principal is a female.

I will put first choice in Nan Hua for my girl and hopefully she can get in with 246+2. :pray:

fxchow
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby julongmum » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:46 am

My DD considering NH or Crescent Girl, very difficult and trouble now. Went to both sch open house. Find that pupils can speak/introduce better in Crescent Girl. My DD soft spoken, so tot CG may be able to expose her more in communication skills. any tots would be appreciated. :?:

julongmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby poohandtigger » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Anybody know from which school does this new principal come from? Are track records useful? My son's MT not very strong. So I'm a bit worried whether he can cope or like the strong chinese environment there.

poohandtigger
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby VCJY » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:24 pm

poohandtigger wrote:Anybody know from which school does this new principal come from? Are track records useful? My son's MT not very strong. So I'm a bit worried whether he can cope or like the strong chinese environment there.

Hi poohandtigger ,
from what I saw on the net , the new prinicipal is from Clementi Town Secondary.

VCJY
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby justsay » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:06 pm

julongmum wrote:My DD considering NH or Crescent Girl, very difficult and trouble now. Went to both sch open house. Find that pupils can speak/introduce better in Crescent Girl. My DD soft spoken, so tot CG may be able to expose her more in communication skills. any tots would be appreciated. :?:

What we saw at the open house was exactly the other way round. The students showing us around Nan Hua are sec 1 girls. They can polite and can present very well. My husband is very impressed by the 2 girls. Some seniors graduated were back in the schools on the open house day. We spoke to them. I'll be happy if my daughter can behave and speak like them. I find that our decision is very much dependent on the impression we have on the open house day.
On the other hand, we have someone in our family from crescent girls and have heard about the unpleasant things of crescent girls.
We are going for Nan Hua. It is not only academic we are looking at, character building is equally important.
In my opinion, your soft spoken girl may be able to fit in more in Nan Hua's enivronment as their chinese culture will build up their character and guide them to be more respectful, helpful and friendly. Heard of some gang bullies in some girls school and was also reported in the strait times some time back.

justsay
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby justsay » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:08 pm

fxchow wrote:
poohandtigger wrote:What is studying NHHS like? Are there any current or past students / parents around that can throw some light? I heard there will be a new principal next year. Is it true?

Hi,

Yup, it is true according to the students there and the new principal is a female.

I will put first choice in Nan Hua for my girl and hopefully she can get in with 246+2. :pray:

I'm also concerned about the new principal from Clementi Town. Unable to dig out alot from the net. Appraciate if someone can share.

justsay
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby justsay » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:16 pm

poohandtigger wrote:Anybody know from which school does this new principal come from? Are track records useful? My son's MT not very strong. So I'm a bit worried whether he can cope or like the strong chinese environment there.

We were told from someone graduated from Nan Hua (friend's niece) that the chinese is not so difficult to cope with. Some students who are weak in CL are there and they are coping well. She told us not to worry. She spent 4 very happy years there and has achieved excellent results though she went in with average aggregate.

justsay
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Nan Hua High School

Postby justsay » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:25 pm

VCJY wrote:Hi all , my daughter plans to go to Nan Hua High School but there seems to have no private bus operators going there in the morning to ferry students. Anyone know of any private bus operators going to NHHS/NUS High? Help Here!
[/quote]

May I know where do you stay ? We are staying in Woodlands and have known at least 3 are going Nan Hua. Maybe we can talk to some bus operator if can gather more staying around same area.

justsay
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups