Nan Hua High School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
Post Reply
yychong1973
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 10,

Re: Nan Hua High School

Post by yychong1973 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:49 pm

None taken. No worries.

We arent going to change plan but trying to see if there are any transport arrangements, like private bus, etc. Something easier for the kid which we might have missed.

KiddyLow
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jul 29,

Re: Nan Hua High School

Post by KiddyLow » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:33 am

Hi, may I know if NHH CCAs (non-uniformed CCAs) are usually held on Saturdays? Trying to schedule tuition lessons.

Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Tokidoki
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 977
Joined: Wed Aug 19,

Re: Nan Hua High School

Post by Tokidoki » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:08 pm

KiddyLow wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:33 am
Hi, may I know if NHH CCAs (non-uniformed CCAs) are usually held on Saturdays? Trying to schedule tuition lessons.

Appreciate your advice. Thanks.
If i'm not wrong, most CCAs are after school on wkdays.
Even uniformed group CCAs are after school.

Tokidoki
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 977
Joined: Wed Aug 19,

Re: Nan Hua High School

Post by Tokidoki » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:21 pm

yychong1973 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:49 pm
None taken. No worries.

We arent going to change plan but trying to see if there are any transport arrangements, like private bus, etc. Something easier for the kid which we might have missed.
I have PM you.

Tokidoki
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 977
Joined: Wed Aug 19,

Re: Nan Hua High School

Post by Tokidoki » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:30 pm

For those interested in school bus service to Nan Hua High, can contact Mr Edios @ 9796 6880.
Currently a few of us are topang-ing NUS High School Bus from Yishun/Woodlands.
So if his route has vacancy, he will be able to slot your child in.


schen
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 281
Joined: Wed Mar 14,

Re: Nan Hua High School

Post by schen » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:50 am

Hi all, any feedback or review on nan hua high school? My boy is keen on this school. Thanks in advance.

Serendipity
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 582
Joined: Tue Aug 04,
Total Likes:9

Re: Nan Hua High School

Post by Serendipity » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:02 pm

schen wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:50 am
Hi all, any feedback or review on nan hua high school? My boy is keen on this school. Thanks in advance.
I see that the Nan Hua students are usually well behaved.

A friend's DC is in the school and she says the teachers put in the hours to prepare students for the O levels, and that discipline is good. Phones are locked away during lessons.

BB
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jan 20,

Re: Nan Hua High School

Post by BB » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:58 pm

Yes, phones are put in class locker every morning and key is return by class rep and kept in General Office.

End of the day, phones will be returned to them. They will have their phones during CCA but may be expected to keep it off during activities which is good.

Tokidoki
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 977
Joined: Wed Aug 19,

Re: Nan Hua High School

Post by Tokidoki » Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:57 am

schen wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:50 am
Hi all, any feedback or review on nan hua high school? My boy is keen on this school. Thanks in advance.
Agreed the kids in general are well behaved, since it is a chinese school, is more strict.
Yes, teachers put in a lot of effort to help the kids achieved good O level results.
Sadly now the school no longer shared their O level achievement on the school website.

Here's what i captured previously from school website for 2017.
Image

Dino
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Posts: 687
Joined: Sun Jun 21,
Total Likes:19

Re: Nan Hua High School

Post by Dino » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:56 pm

Tokidoki wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:57 am
schen wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:50 am
Hi all, any feedback or review on nan hua high school? My boy is keen on this school. Thanks in advance.
Agreed the kids in general are well behaved, since it is a chinese school, is more strict.
Yes, teachers put in a lot of effort to help the kids achieved good O level results.
Sadly now the school no longer shared their O level achievement on the school website.

Here's what i captured previously from school website for 2017.
Image
Can check whether distinctions = A1 and A2?

Post Reply