Admiralty Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Admiralty Secondary School

Postby senior » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:47 pm

i'm considering whether to put my chlild to admiralty sec.

senior
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Admiralty Secondary School

Postby Teo » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:36 pm

hi,
am considering my son for this school as well, heard their pretty good at robotic.
Any parents can advise?

Teo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby blue2004 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:44 pm

I would like to know which school is better: Admiralty Secondary School or Woodlands Ring Secondary School? Both their SDPs are on Robotics and engineering but there is a big gap between them in terms of ranking. Thanks.

blue2004
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby TWU » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:28 am

Hi! blue2004,

Presently, my eldest child is studying at Admiralty Secondary School (ADSS) and my 2nd child is studying at Woodlands Ring Secondary School (WRSS).

ADSS was my eldest child 1st choice and WRSS was my 2nd child 1st choice during S1 posting. We are very happy with both schools.

Principals, Vice Principals and teachers of both schools are committed and provide very strong supports to students. Both schools emphasize the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Applied Learning Program (ALP) of both schools is robotics and it forms part of schools' curriculums for lower secondary education.

ADSS conducts meet-the-parent session twice a year and to meet all parents instead of meeting only selected parents (most schools conduct such session only once a year and only to meet selected parents eg parents of students who are weak academically and/or students with poor learning attitude). At ADSS, such session will be conducted at 6.30 pm in order to enable working parents to attend (I was very impressed with its teachers as they conducted the sessions till as late as 11 pm). School extends opening hour with teachers on duty during national examinations period. They nurture students from all streams equally. Higher Mother Tongue classes are conducted within school premises (students of some schools may need to
attend combined HMT classes at other schools). From my observation and feedback from my child, ADSS has good standards of discipline.

WRSS conducts at least one meet-the-parent session but teachers will meet parents of students with poor learning attitude and/or weak academically more than once. WRSS is famous for strict discipline and school nurtures students from all streams equally too. My child gains his self-confidence level after enrolling to WRSS. School's Parent Support Group (PSG) is active.

In short, both schools are good schools. :smile: :smile:

TWU
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby blue2004 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Thanks a lot for giving such detailed analysis.

blue2004
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby TWU » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi! blue2004,

You're most welcome.

TWU
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Republic Poly » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:58 am

Dear Parents,

Republic Poly is organising Parents' Talk, happening on 22 June 2016, 7:30pm.

And this time, you will learn the changes to Early Admission Exercise (EAE) and how to go about helping your child to register for it.

Check out RP website for more info.

Cheers!

Republic Poly
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups