Chung Cheng High (Main)

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
Guaredad
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Chung Cheng High (Main)

Post by Guaredad » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:48 pm

HappyFreeMama wrote:Hi tweetyjing and peachbubble, the link seemed to be removed, but here it goes :

The eligibility percentage for poly is 100% and JC percentage is 94.3% as compared to 2015's 91.8%.
99.1% of the students scored 5 “O” passes which is the same as 2015 batch.
That's awesome! :thankyou:

tweetyjing
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by tweetyjing » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:20 am

HappyFreeMama, thanks a lot for the updates.

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:13

Post by Dreamgear » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:06 am

Beezym
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

ng00012321

Post by Beezym » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:35 am

Hello all....may I know if any of your child feedback to you about the teachers in general? I have a sense that they are not very helpful.

Retiredmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Retiredmum » Sun May 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Hi parents, would like your advice. My boy (S2 in the school) de-proved a lot in this SA1. He failed his HCL and scored around C5 and C6 for other subjects (except Maths and Science, just touched A1). He does not want to have any tuition and does not want us to interfere with his studies. Once we talk to him, he will either throw tantrum or try to avoid us and say that he is not interested in study and would not mind to retain or dropout. He just wants us to leave him alone. We are rather worried now. If we totally leave him alone, we are afraid that he will not study at all! Is it common that boys will go through this rebellious stage? What shall we do now?

macaron12
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by macaron12 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:31 pm

HCL question.
hi all, my child is in P6 this year. went for the open house & she was quite impressed with CCH. question is, she opt out of HCL in P6/PSLE. will this be a problem if she picks CCH? i'm aware of the PSLE bonus point issue. just wonder if HCL a compulsory subject in sec school? how if she fail HCL in sec school?
need your advice please.TIA

grow and glow
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by grow and glow » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:14 pm

Hi. Not to worry. In CCH Main, all students in lower secondary take HCL. But not all of them took HCL in primary schools. The immersive environment in CCH Main and nurturing teachers encourage all students to aim to do well in the subject. No regrets letting my children do HCL till sec 4.

Not all so called SAP schools allow all students to take HCL. Some SAP schools I know only let 70% of thir students take. The weakest 30% are not allowed to take.

just a bit of lamenting.
If SAP schools have only express stream students, high cut off point of 240, no normal stream and technical streams, I really wonder why these schools cannot do more for the weaker 30% to grasp HCL.

OnlineSingapore
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

DELETED

Post by OnlineSingapore » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:42 am

DELETED

Retiredmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Retiredmum » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Hi parents,
My son is in CCHM Sec 2. May I know whether you have any good HCL home tutor to recommend? She should be friendly and patient enough as my son is at the stage of rejecting and avoiding HCL.

Bigteddy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Bigteddy » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:05 pm

Retiredmum wrote:Hi parents,
My son is in CCHM Sec 2. May I know whether you have any good HCL home tutor to recommend? She should be friendly and patient enough as my son is at the stage of rejecting and avoiding HCL.
Was ex-student, just graduated a few years ago. 50% of students in CCHMS all have the same thought as your Son at my time. They all wanted to give up HCL. :lol: CCHMS Higher Chinese very hard to find tutor cos they use the traditional method. Don't waste money on tutors, cos all of my schoolmates all said that it did not work out cos they were not compatible with the style of CCHMS. Master the Sec 2 语文应用 and 造句 components as they are 25% of total SA2 score and class tests (or at least in my time).

The school wants the traditional style and only way to help improve your score is to submit extra essays to your teacher, depending on your teacher. I remember my Chinese Teacher 王老师 and 郑老师 welcomed me submitting my essays and I improved! They are super strict, but really will improve your mastery of language.

Who is your son's Chinese Teacher? PM me cos I know everyone of the Chinese Teachers and I can tell you how they can help you. :smile: