Peirce Secondary School

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.

Peirce Secondary School

Postby buzz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Hello,

Anyone chosing Pierce Sec School ?

buzz
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Pierce Secondary School

Postby scenic98 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:25 am

Hi, any updates about this school?

scenic98
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kitty2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:22 pm

I heard from a friend saying that the system there is quite relax not much pressure.School also doesn't give much work or materials.

Any of your kids there,care to share?I don't know how true is the above

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jennykhots » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:58 am

Hi, though I am staying in the East but I looked at pierce's sec school surrounding & their o level passes which is 90+ & the intake seems to be from SAP. As responsible parent,notes or no notes, we can still seek tuition , i think the student mix and enviroment is top priority. You can't control teachers too, good ones need to get married, upgrade, so so category just forgive them as long as they still turn up for class. Not scoring well for a child who has been in a SAP is already a blow & to go to a nearby school with neighbouring mix I am just afraid it might create more emo issues to the kid.

Yes if parents ve kids from pierce, please enlighten us. Thank you

jennykhots
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby scenic98 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:17 am

I've been asking around and so far feedback has been good. I am aware that a P from a "branded" primary school sends her 2 kids to Pierce. But I hope to hear from someone that has gone through the school's system.
For me, discipline comes first, teachers comes next.

scenic98
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby kitty2 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:31 pm

scenic98 wrote:I've been asking around and so far feedback has been good. I am aware that a P from a "branded" primary school sends her 2 kids to Pierce. But I hope to hear from someone that has gone through the school's system.
For me, discipline comes first, teachers comes next.

My friend's son from SAP school because of his COP,he has no other choice but to choose Pierce

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bleeze » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:30 am

I attended Peirce Sec Open house today. I find the environment very new and teachers are very friendly. Spoke to the Physics teacher and Humanities teacher, understand that the school is adopting modular method. For instance, 1st half of the year will be teaching physics and chemistry whereas 2nd half will be Biology. Also for sec 1, 1st half of the year will be Geography and 2nd half will be History. There are 4 Express classes and 2 N(A) this yr.

I also attended the Principal's speech and was very impressed that >90% of the students were eligiable to JC in 2011. The school has been awarded Academic Value-Added Express Course (Silver) in 2012. I somehow feel that the Principal is very warm and kind. That is just my first impression.

I am hoping that parents of the current students to provide more feedback and information.

bleeze
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kitty2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:53 am

bleeze wrote:I attended Peirce Sec Open house today. I find the environment very new and teachers are very friendly. Spoke to the Physics teacher and Humanities teacher, understand that the school is adopting modular method. For instance, 1st half of the year will be teaching physics and chemistry whereas 2nd half will be Biology. Also for sec 1, 1st half of the year will be Geography and 2nd half will be History. There are 4 Express classes and 2 N(A) this yr.

I also attended the Principal's speech and was very impressed that >90% of the students were eligiable to JC in 2011. The school has been awarded Academic Value-Added Express Course (Silver) in 2012. I somehow feel that the Principal is very warm and kind. That is just my first impression.

I am hoping that parents of the current students to provide more feedback and information.

Now all the sec schools are adopting modular method :smile: It's quite difficult to judge from the open house as all the teachers,students and principal are friendly on that day.Looks like noone is in Pierce here,i got the feedback from my friend whose son is in Pierce now

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bleeze » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:40 am

kitty2 wrote:
bleeze wrote:I attended Peirce Sec Open house today. I find the environment very new and teachers are very friendly. Spoke to the Physics teacher and Humanities teacher, understand that the school is adopting modular method. For instance, 1st half of the year will be teaching physics and chemistry whereas 2nd half will be Biology. Also for sec 1, 1st half of the year will be Geography and 2nd half will be History. There are 4 Express classes and 2 N(A) this yr.

Now all the sec schools are adopting modular method :smile: It's quite difficult to judge from the open house as all the teachers,students and principal are friendly on that day.Looks like noone is in Pierce here,i got the feedback from my friend whose son is in Pierce now

Hi Kitty2, hoping to get more update on the feedback from your friend whose son in Peirce. :lol:

BTW, I attended one of the sec schools and realise that the school does not adopt modular method. Need to study both Geography and Hist beginning of the year till end of the exam. :scratchhead:

bleeze
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kitty2 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:28 pm

bleeze wrote:
kitty2 wrote:

Hi Kitty2, hoping to get more update on the feedback from your friend whose son in Peirce. :lol:

BTW, I attended one of the sec schools and realise that the school does not adopt modular method. Need to study both Geography and Hist beginning of the year till end of the exam. :scratchhead:

My friend said the teachers didn't teach much,need to go for tuition .Which sec sch you went which has no modular method?I know most of the school have,even the top school.

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Parents' Networking Groups