St. Margaret's Secondary

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
mercy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: St. Margaret's Secondary

Post by mercy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi
Any students travel from red line ?

Based on moveit, we need to change to downtown line alight at botanic garden and walk 11 mins. I find it’s a little far to walk. Any other ways to travel ?

gyps
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by gyps » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi, is there school bus option for Secondary school students?

mercy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mercy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:40 pm

can anyone share how is the o level results for the top 40-50 students of express class ? Can they all go to good JCs ?

lil_jade
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by lil_jade » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:01 pm

mercy wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:05 pm
Hi
Any students travel from red line ?

Based on moveit, we need to change to downtown line alight at botanic garden and walk 11 mins. I find it’s a little far to walk. Any other ways to travel ?
Hi, you should transfer to take the circle line and alight at Farrer Road MRT. It's a short walk of a few minutes only to the side gate of St Margaret (which is only for students to access I believe).

So it's definitely accessible.

lil_jade
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by lil_jade » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:06 pm

Norisk1983 wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:17 pm
Hi parents my daughter scored 195 for psle and we have been eyeing on st margaret's for a long time 😅😅 so we are def trying to aim for SMSS. i was formerly from a girls sch (tkgs to be exact) and i would love for my daughter to have the wonderful experience i have being in a girls school. I believe in the school's culture and having a good mix of students from diff races and cultures for my girl to interact with. I am staying at jurong east. Do u think its far from where the school is at.? I personally dont but hope to get input from other parents with regards to distance and whether it would be taxing for my girl in the long run.
I think it's pretty ok honestly. As St Margaret is walking distance from Farrer Road MRT, the commute is definitely much reduced as most of it would be on the MRT (assuming you've easy access to Jurong East MRT).

You can consider other girl schools too, such as chij TP (walk from toa payoh MRT), St Theresa's convent / paya lebar MGS (both no direct MRT access though).

All the best! :smile:

mercy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mercy » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:21 pm

You are right ! Thank you lil_jade !

Jann Phonics
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Jann Phonics » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 am

mercy wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:40 pm
can anyone share how is the o level results for the top 40-50 students of express class ? Can they all go to good JCs ?
Yes. Nanyang JC is one of the popular choices. More imptly is for them to go to different JC open house and it will give a better insight of which school they prefer, not necessarily how good the JC is. Distance is also another factor to consider as JC life is the toughest not only academic but also mental challenge.

lil_jade
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by lil_jade » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Jann Phonics wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:28 am
mercy wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:40 pm
Yes. Nanyang JC is one of the popular choices. More imptly is for them to go to different JC open house and it will give a better insight of which school they prefer, not necessarily how good the JC is. Distance is also another factor to consider as JC life is the toughest not only academic but also mental challenge.
Hi Jann,

May I check if the gals are placed into secondary 1 classes based on PSLE score? Or any other consideration like DSA, taking higher mother tongue etc?

Many thanks!!

Jann Phonics
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by Jann Phonics » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi Lil_Jade,

During my girl's batch (she graduated last year), it was according to PSLE score for the first class as most of them are not from St Marg's Primary. Since they are from non-affliated school like my girl, they have a higher minimum COP so most of their results are above average. My girl did not take higher Chinese in PSLE but that has no effect on the class allocation. I'm not sure about DSA though.

lil_jade
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by lil_jade » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:05 pm

Thank you!!