Hwa Chong Institution (High School)

Having survived PSLE. we still need to network with other parents with kids in the same Secondary school. While giving our teenagers their own space, we can update each other about the school.
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Hwa Chong Institution [*IP]

Post by 7788 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:54 am

Gd morning to all,

Q pan - thanks very much for your replies!

For LEP, lessons are conducted after sch every Mon from 2.20 pm to 3.50 pm. And the grades can be counted towards MSG. Applicants who are invited to do LEP have to sit for and clear a selection test. Sec 1 LEP students can opt to continue or withdraw from the programme when they move to Sec 2.

kiasuson
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by kiasuson » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:10 am

Hi all,

My younger DS will be joining the school next year. I will like to thanks parents and seniors for sharing in the forum. My DS and myself were able to get a lot of information to aid his decision to select the school during the DSA exercise.

Just to share, my elder DS is in RI and I always have the impression that my younger DS will join him. But he decided otherwise after the Open house and discussion with his brother.

thanks

Song22
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:14

Post by Song22 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:20 am

Hello Pa Pa Na Na and Kiasuson!

There are many Sec 1 parents here, looking forward to greater sharing!

Kiasuson, wow different schools for your ds, does it make your logistic more :slapshead: ? :smile:

kiasuson
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by kiasuson » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:46 am

Song22 wrote:Hello Pa Pa Na Na and Kiasuson!

There are many Sec 1 parents here, looking forward to greater sharing!

Kiasuson, wow different schools for your ds, does it make your logistic more :slapshead: ? :smile:
Yes. Logistic is a problem. :sweat: But it is important to let DS choose what's he thinks is right. Logistic problem can be sorted out.

Anyway, my elder DS is in Yr 6 next year and it is one more year to go... :xedfingers:

Look forward to meet up and hope we can continue to exchange notes in the forum.

lexis
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:18

Post by lexis » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi, may I know what are the official CCA days for HCI boys, and what time they usually end on these days?

Thanks!

wonderm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:72

Post by wonderm » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:26 pm

lexis wrote:Hi, may I know what are the official CCA days for HCI boys, and what time they usually end on these days?

Thanks!
It varies depending on CCA. Friday afternoon is the common day for almost all CCA. Typically, CCA has 2-3 weekly sessions but many CCA have more practice days, especially leading up to competition time.

lexis
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:18

Post by lexis » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Thanks, wonderm!

eclair
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by eclair » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:44 pm

Dear 2014 Sec 3 Parents - are your boys participating in the Integrated Boarding Programme (IBP) ? What are your views?
To Parents whose boys had participated in the IBP - can you please give me your advise ? Thanks a lot

keinic
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by keinic » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Hi all
Just checking in to say hello. My Ds will be starting Sec 1 in HCI too. It's great to have such helpful parents & students in the HCI forumn who are so willing to share information & provide advices. I'm sure our Ds will have a great journey ahead. Cheers.

KzcyGIRI
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by KzcyGIRI » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:07 pm

Hi TravelMummy,
I am KzcyGIRI. I have pm u. Tks..